Chapter 9

*Two Days Later...*

We're in Harry's office two days later after another painting session. After Harry has sorted out his work-out session times with Zayn and reassured Niall he'll be in all next week to help with the financial problems, we head outside to his Range Rover. "Geez, I didn't realize running a business was so much work." I mumble, my own head reeling from all the things he had to do.

"Well nothing is ever easy, is it? Plus it's not always like this. It's just with it being Winter and our clothing line running a little late, everyone is stressed out." Harry informs me, opening the passenger's door for me. I slide in and watch Harry circle the front of his jeep and I'm suddenly struck by how tired he looks.

He slides in and buckles up, turning the ignition on. "Do you want to get something to eat?" Harry asks, pulling out into the street. I was hungry, but I didn't want him to spend money on me. I shake my head. "We can go back to mine and I'll cook us up something." I say, glancing out the window. It's started to mist.

"Okay," Harry says, turning on the radio and turning the heating up, since it'd gotten chilly. I don't know why but I felt sad for Harry. He had a hard childhood, a troubled adolescent's, having to sell his body to make a living, and then lost his family. Even though he has a successful business, he was too old for his time. I could just picture a small, fragile and vunerable Harry in my head looking to see if anybody cared for him, all alone in foster care.

My heart tightens inside my chest. I look over at Harry and am surprised that I have tears in my eyes. A warm feeling suddenly washes over me as I look at Harry. If I didn't know the things I knew now, I'd think he was just some spoilt, good looking, rich kid who didn't give a damn about anyone. But since I knew he wasn't spoilt and that he came from poverty and a broken home and that he did care, I sometimes think he cared too much, I was overwhelmed with sadness.

I gaze at Harry and my heart tightens again, but in a good way and my tummy is doing somersaults. Harry looks over at me, about to say something when he notices the tears in my eyes and a look of concern crosses his face. "Ginger?" he asks, cautiously. The tears suddenly pour down my face as realisation hits me.

Oh my God...I like Harry Styles...And not a 'He's a cool guy,' like, a more of a 'I'd love to spend every minute with you and everything you do is magical,' like. "Ginger what's wrong?" Harry asks, as I bury my face in my hands, trying to will the tears to stop coming and for the blush in my cheeks to disappear, hearing the concern in his voice as I feel his large hand rest on my thigh. "Nothing, Harry," I whisper, "Just keep driving."

Harry seems to hesitate and I feel him pull over on the side of the road. He turns the car off and I hear him unbuckle his belt. "Ginger, please tell me what's wrong," Harry pleads, sliding over to me. A sob escapes my mouth and I hate how pitiful it sounds. Here I was crying because I liked a guy, who I had no chance in hell with and because I felt horrible that I took things for granted when some people out there have nothing. I was a hormonal mess! My time of the month was coming surely.

"Ginger," Harry coes, unbuckling my belt and pulling me onto his lap, resting my head on his chest. I bury my face in it, not wanting him to see me crying and not to see the pity and sorrow in my eyes, which I'm sure would make him angry. Harry doesn't say anything, only rubs soothing circles in my back and rests his head on mine, telling me it'll be okay, whatever it was that was wrong with me.

We sit like that for awhile until my tears subside. I slowly let my arms wrap around Harry's neck and hug him tightly to me. Harry freezes for a moment before his arms wrap around me, hugging me back. I rest my face in the crook of Harry's neck and breath in and out, trying to calm down. My breath keeps breaking though, so I try to breath out my nose, but I keep making pitiful noises. I play with the curls at the end of Harry's neck, which surprisingly sooths me.