Into the Thicket

"WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING US!?" Shouted Dipper whose eyes where locked on the mysterious pair. "U-um I -we are, Not really following you.." Raz spit out in the heat of what seemed to be argument. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'really'?" Dippers fingers clenched his red journal with such great force it created numbing sensation in his metacarpus. Dipper's mind was racing with thoughts, though they all seemed to attach themselves to one phrase; TRUST NO ONE.
By now Gravity Falls had sadly conditioned Dipper to always expect the worst, with this way of thinking led to paranoia and lack of sleep; resulting in a weak mental stability. "H-hey we aren't trying to scare you or whatever. We are just looking for the gravity falls motel. W-were staying here over the summer, so I think I'd be good to - well you know- familiarize with the locals Dipper." Mabel's pupils grew the size of Pencil shavings. How did they know Dipper's nick name? Rasputin's face grew red in boiling regret; Lily's face looked just the same. The twins were frozen still. Trapped in a bollix of fear and confusion, Mabel's voice was as soft as rose pedals, "h-how did you know my brothers nick-name?" An elongated period of silence fell over the kids, confining themselves in broad thought. Dipper, attempting to stay calm; snagged Mabel's sweaty fist and bolted into a small clearing in the forest. Which was safer, the dark cryptic forest or the frightening strangers? "We can't let them find out." Lily hardly moved her tightened jaw when she released the words. In a bolt of energy, Raz and Lily frantically sprinted after the twins into the crepuscular, labyrinth of pine trees and thick brush.