Bittersweet Homecoming

Dipper glanced impatiently onto the other side of the glass window.  The mirroring reflection of himself seemed almost unreal considering his curious mindset. It was seven miles to go till the rickety old beast the passengers called a bus reached its destination- Gravity Falls, Oregon.
To his right sat Mable Pines, Dipper's twin sister, who was fiddling with the hook to her knitting loom. She was a prime representation for the human manifestation of zeal. Cluched tightly in Dipper's shaky Palm was a thick journal, crammed with various scatterd papers and journal entries. The book appeared to be bound by a wide Apple  red cover made from deteriorating cloth, along with a gold six fingered hand and a black bold '3' written neatly in ink on the cover. Dipper carried this journal with great respect, following its written Entries and rules as if it were a religious creed. If there was one thing the book had taught him it was to - TRUST NO ONE. It was the second annual summer vacation to their Great Uncle Ford's home surrounded in a labyrinth of cascading trees and wildlife accompanied by Stan Pines- Great Uncle Fords  twin.
Through Mabel's hindsight she could make out two young teenagers who resembled a similar age to that of Mabel and her brother. Both caucasian, both same height, one was female and the other male. What triggered Mabel's curiosity was what they said. "I can't believe the phyconauts berou stationed us here!" The girl in a pleated fuchsia skirt and pigtails exclaimed. "It's only 3 months Lil, it will be over before you know it. And plus, there's nothing a phyconaut can't handle!" The male character  in unusual attire reassured her. How odd. What did they mean by phyconauts? Why were the sent here? Suspicions rose up in Mabel's head blurring her minds eye to reality. SCREECH!!! The bus came to a abrupt halt. Passengers swarmed the exit. Without and instance passing, the twins found themselves walking down a familiar sidewalk paved in thick concrete, the cracks were lined with enormous weeds and aging cigarette buds. The faint pitter-patter of footsteps followed in the distance of the twins. Shivers ran down Dipper's  spine like that felt like pricks from rose needles. They were being followed.