America: Normal

"What do you mean it didn't work?!" Dr. Wild's voice boomed from the other side of the wall.

"I'm sorry, sir, but the tests showed that she is clearly still thinking for herself. She failed every single test. I honestly don't know how this could have happened," answered another voice.

"Well what are we supposed to do now? We can't just send her home not re-assimilated. She'll tell the authorities. We can't kill another child, either. People will become suspicious!" Dr. Wild cried out in frustration.

I shivered. I'd always imagined that re-assimilation wasn't the most pleasant of processes, but I never imagined it'd be this bad. It probably would've been even worse if it had actually worked. Thank heavens for that, or I'd just be another mindless dolt like the majority of the rest of the teenage population. But, what was I going to do now?

I couldn't let them kill me, I knew that for sure. It wasn't my time to die. I believe that everyone hs a purpose for living. Nothing is an accident, nothing is a coincidence. I haven't found my purpose yet, but it's connected to this, I can feel it in my bones. I suppose I'll find out soon enough...

**************************************************************************************************************

After making me re-test for like the hundredth time, Dr. Wild sent me to the dining room to get something to eat. I wasn't all that hungry, but I went anyway.  

The first thing I noticed upon entering the dining hall was the small amount of guards they had. I counted a total of five of them, plus the chef, and two nurses. I wondered how easy it would be to escape.....They had let their guards down (no pun intended) tonight. Something was up.

Something was definitely in the air tonight...but what was it? Whatever it was made my throat go dry. I made my way over to the water machine. On my way over, I noticed a girl standing in the middle of the hall. There was nothing special about this girl. If I had seen her on the street, I probably wouldn't have looked at her twice. But, we weren't on the street. We were in an RAC hospital. I strained to get a good look at her right hand. What I saw confirmed my suspicions. She was Phase Five, according to the red lettering stamped onto her hand. So, why did she look so normal?