I finished making my copies and sat them aside next to Ryan's pile to make sure that I wouldn't forget them. I was so focused on stapling ten papers in one packet that I didn't hear my name being called. "Allison."

I jumped up and gasped in surprise, accidentally knocking over both stacks of papers. "Oh My God! I am so sorry! I'm such a klutz." I exclaimed, immediately dropping down on to the floor to retrieve and separate our papers.

Ryan chuckled. "Allison, it's fine. Plus, I think your clumsiness is cute. It makes you who you are and it's also every entertaining." 

"Well some people think it is embarrassing but I'm glad my clumsiness is amusing to you." I said sourly. I grabbed a folder and stood up, refusing to look at Ryan.

I hated when people talked or teased me about my clumsiness because it was a touchy subject for me. My brother used to tease me about it until I had cried once. I forgave Danny after a day and we never spoke about it again.

"Come on, Allison. Don't leave," Ryan begged as I stepped in the direction of the door," I'm sorry and what if I make it up to you?"

"How?" I asked intrigued.

"I'll buy you lunch tomorrow and bring it to your desk."

"It's a deal," I answered him," But I really have to get back and turn in these papers or James will have my head."

"I understand and I'll see you at 12:30 tomorrow." I nodded and made my way out the door. My mind kept going back to Ryan. He was very sweet and gentleman like. He even opened the door for me and offered to bring me lunch.

I would normally start crushing on the guy and tell Camilla all about him. But something inside of me told me not to and that I needed to wait for something or someone.

I cleaned my sweaty palms on my gray pencil skirt as I stood in front of the office door of James De Luca. 'Confidence is key.' Camilla's phrase echoed in my head. I nodded to myself and knocked on the door, entering once after.

"Mr. De Luca, I am finished with the papers you had me copy." I announced, anxiously switching my balance from my right to left hip.

"Great job. Place them on my desk and retreat to your desk. There you will find three post it notes with appointments on them. I haven't scheduled a time so I need you to do that and insert it into my agenda. Make sure I have Friday afternoon off because I have a date with my girlfriend." James commanded me without taking a glance my way.

My breath caught up in my throat and I became frozen. I didn't understand why my stomach felt as though it had been tied in knots and pangs of shuddering wracked my body. A pressure built in my chest and my heart felt as though it would burst with emotion.

Maybe it was the shock of finding out that James De Luca had a girlfriend? But at the same time, how could he not have a girlfriend? He was incredibly gorgeous and very successful.

My thoughts wandered for a few more seconds when I was interrupted,"Miss Green! Are you listening to me? I need the papers."

"Oh! Yes!" I answered frantically,"Yes sir." I composed myself quickly and handed him the documents.

"You may leave now."

I nodded my head gently and walked off to my desk to make the appointments. But before I could even take a seat in my chair I heard someone yell," Miss Green!"

All noise in the hallway stopped and everyone froze including me. I looked around and noticed that all the employees seemed nervous except one. Sally. She was looking at me with a worried expression on her slightly tanned face as if something were to happen to me.