One: I'm Just Thinking 'Bout You

Start from the beginning

◊

Walking into the cave is always a different experience. Sometimes Steph will glomp him, someone is hurt, Jason and his father are fighting or something else.

This time he enters to find Oracle and Spoiler whispering to each other at the computer, Batman nowhere to be seen. Damian is placing his weapons in their braces when two sets of eyes lock on to him.

"I assume the two of you were listening," he snaps irritably, not giving them the satisfaction of a glance.

"Us?" Says Steph innocently, grinning slyly by his guess. "We were just doing our jobs, babybat."

He ignores her, moving towards the showers. Maybe he can distract himself from thinking about marshmallows. He undresses and steps into a cubicle, turning the water on without any cold.

If there is one thing his mother never trained him for, it was women. Cassandra is easy to talk to of course, but Barbara has little patience for Damian and Stephanie annoys him more than anyone.

Almost.

A dazzling smile, golden eyes and lilac hair flash in his mind for a moment. Damian grinds his teeth, staring down at the water running into the drain.

She is not pretty. She is not pretty. He, under no circumstances, thinks she's pretty.

After his shower, he dresses and sprints up the stairs, trying to avoid his 'sisters' at all costs. He slips into his room and locks the door, turning around to slide down the mahogany wood.

Dammit. I can't stop thinking about her.

He has no idea that across the room, he is being watched through the window. Klavdiya smiles to herself as she rests on a tree rooted outside of Wayne Manor's grounds.

The teen knows Robin is too distracted by her to remove the tracker she had placed. Of course, she has no intentions of revealing his identity to anyone. That can be her little secret with him.

After all, she has always known.

When someone tells you who your soulmate is, you listen, you watch them like a hawk and you figure everything out; just like she did.

As the young speedster is ready to dash away, something attaches itself to her ankles, spinning around and around until it has her lassoed.

Before Klavdiya can think of shifting out of it, it tugs backwards, toppling her hard into the branch, bringing her to the ground.

The grass approaches fast. She readies herself to land on her hands and run.

But the rope falls taut and she is left dangling in mid-air.

"Kakogo cherta!" She shouts, struggling in her trap. She makes an attempt to vibrate out of the bonds, but curses upon realising they are immune to this.

"It has been a while, Miss Iskra," a voice states from the dark.

Klavdiya freezes immediately, recognising the Dark Knight for his terrifying growl and the knowledge of her name. However, she is not struck by fear. Instead she is happy to see her once-saviour.

"Well I've been busy courting your son," she replies jokingly, folding her arms as she watches Batman emerge from the shadows, his face level with hers. "He's pretty hot you know."

Though his face is obscured, Klavdiya sees the Bat's brows crease at her remark.

"Courting him? Why?"

"I just told you silly."

Bruce's lips form a tight line. He supposes that's true.

"How did you get here?" He asks, sounding more curious than concerned.

Klavdiya chuckles, "I simply placed tracker on Robin, moy milashka, and he lead me here. Can you blame me? You do know he's hot as sun, right?"

"Please stop saying that," he responds, pained. He reaches up and untangles the wire. Klavdiya is chuckling quietly when she lands on the floor.

Immediately she jumps on him with a hug, laughing all the way. It resembles a reunion of old friends and perhaps that's a kind way of describing their relationship. Bruce only pats her back as she squeezes his neck in her arms, before jumping back to continue gushing over Damian.

"I can't help it!" She exclaims, throwing her arms in the air, "He was so cute that when we first met, I kissed him."

"What?"

"He didn't tell you?... Well that's not surprising. He's a shy one."

"When it comes to such subjects, yes."

Like his father, Klavdiya wants to say. Instead she gives a little shrug and smiles wider at him.

"Did you ever think you would see me again?"

The brief image of the girl in his arms staring with wide innocent eyes as she is rescued from a cage flashes within his mind.

"I did, just not under these circumstances."

"What does this word mean?" She questions curiously.

Bruce nearly smiles as he gives her the Russian translation, her eyes lighting up.

"Oh! Like, like situation. Da?"

He nods, "I figured I'd meet you whilst you were under Flash's tutelage."

Klavdiya scoffs and waves her hand, "He and I did not get along, so I ended it. I'm just in Gotham because my friend Seer- you remember Seer, right? -said there was a boy here I should meet. And here I am!"

Right at the end of that sentence Rapid dashes off into the night, leaving the caped crusader standing there alone, completely bewildered by her statement.