Chapter 4: A Night with the Cats

Once again, I was unsuccessful at reaching Shigure. "I still can't get a hold of her." I said to myself. "Were there guests over today?" When I checked the clock, it was past 10 o'clock already. Since then, I'd tried calling Shigure several times, but couldn't get through to her. And just like that, it had already gotten this late. "I've never gone this long without hearing from Shigure." I really didn't understand my family's schedule at all.

"Master? Master?" Chocola tried to get my attention. "It's been a while since we've bathed together! I'll even wash your back!"

"You haven't bathed with us since we've matured." Vanilla said. "Master, you pervert."

"You haven't even grown that much." I said. "What are you two talking about?"

"Me-Me-Meowhat did you just say?" Chocola asked, seeming very mad. "Shigure-chan said that Chocola and Vanilla have already grown to be elegant cat-ladies."

"Those words are sexual harassment." Vanilla said looking down. "You are trampling on our dignity. Besides, this is Chocola's identity we are talking about."

"Vanilla, you're the one changing the subject." I said to her. "In any case, don't worry about the bath. You two need to get ready to go home."

"Meow?" Chocola seemed confused. "Get ready to go home? But isn't Chocola's home Master's home?"

"And I belong next to Chocola." Vanilla said. "Also, Master is cool. You look strangely handsome."

"Stop feigning ignorance, you two. Cut that out." I said sternly. The two of them looked my, about to distract me again. "Since Shigure isn't picking up, I'll take you two home. So go get ready to leave." Chocola and Vanilla turned away from me and fasted their gazes downward. Returning home the same day I had moved out, seemed to be such a stupid idea that I did hesitate a bit. There was no other way. Nor was there time for excuses. I looked towards Chocola and Vanilla as they hung their heads in silence and continued on.

"Listen up, you two. I'm going to open my bakery and I don't know how things are going to turn out. I've got no one to rely on, so I don't know how things will turn out. With all that's going on, I don't know if I can take care of you two. Get it? I mean, it's already going to be difficult enough just looking after mysel--"

"......No." Said Chocola. It was a quite voice that I could barely hear. Chocola said something with her head down.

"Hm? What did you say?" I asked her. I came closer and asked her to repeat herself.

"No way! Chocola won't go back!" She yelled. "Chocola hates Master for saying that!" She ran off.

"Uwah? Ah wait! Hey, Chocola!" I called after her. I looked over to Vanilla.

"I will also make great haste. She said. "Or rather, I'll withdraw with the speed of a catgirl."

"Ah, wait stop." I said. "Vanilla, why are you running away too?"

"Come on, come on, Master! Chocola's over here. Chocola is over here, ahahahah!" She taunted while running from me.

"It's dangerous, so stop running around. If you fall, you'll get hurt!"

"It's unnecessary to worry about catgirls like that," said Vanilla dashing about, "although humanoid, catgirls are cats."

"Maybe so in Chocola's case, but aren't you bad with physical activity?" I asked her. "Come on! I've got you now, Chocola!"

"Myaah! Master, you pervert! Just where do you think you're grabbing?!"

"Master is grabbing Chocola's chest with an iron grip." Giggled Vanilla.