Chapter 3

Let me know what you guys think about the story so far

Hope you enjoy

.xo Sam

______________________________________________________________

I sat there in my grandma’s study room just staring at the thousands of books in the bookshelves. A sofa and a matching chair, both dressed in cozy cream colored slip covers, were on the right side of the room. The wooden floor stretched all across the room with no carpet to hide it. A desk sat in front of me but unlike all the other office desks there was no computer or files on it. Grandma didn’t get back home last night so I went straight to bed and knocked out. The flight and drive here really did drain my energy.

I turned when I heard the door open. In walked my grandma, a rather beautiful woman. Behind her Felix followed closely. She walked in gracefully gliding across the room her feet not seeming to leave the floor and her long, dirty blond hair flowing around her. When she sat at her desk her big hazel eyes met mine, looking worried and more than a little serious. Felix stood next to the desk beside her, looking down at me.

“Morning Brooke, how are you feeling?” she asked with a straight face.

“I’m okay, I’m good.” I replied quickly.

This isn’t how it’s supposed to go. She supposed to shower me with gifts and properly welcome me or at least smile at me and give me a hug. Isn’t that what grandmothers do? Spoil their grandkids.

“I presume your stay here last night was comfortable. I’m sorry I wasn’t here to welcome you myself; I had… some things to handle.

She didn’t look sorry. Her face showed no emotion and I couldn’t sense anything coming from her or Felix. This was really weird. Maybe it was something in the atmosphere, or maybe there was something in the water here.

“Yes, it’s great here and its okay I understand.”

But I didn’t. What was there more important than welcoming your granddaughter? What is it she did anyway? I bet she’s a businesswoman. I really should have asked mom about grandma before leaving home.

“Can you tell me what happened with the boy in the coma?”

She knew?

“Oh…Uhmm… well he was being really mean...”

“To you?”

“No.”

“To your mother?”

“No.”

“Then, to who?”

“My best friend, Grace.”

“He hurt her?”

“No, he started rumors that she was… well that she was sleeping around and…”

“And so you decided to make him pay?”

“No, that’s not what happened”

What was this an interrogation?

“Then what?”

“I wanted him to tell everyone it wasn’t true and when I went to… uhmm…shake some sense into him, he…”

“He tripped backing up? He stepped on one of his shoelace and fell? What exactly happened?”

“I pushed him but…”

“So you wanted to hurt him”

“NO! I just wanted to shake some sense into him, I didn’t mean for him to get hurt, I had a really bad headache and he was being nasty and wasn’t getting that what he did was wrong. He’s 6”3, I didn’t think I could hurt him at all and why are you being so cruel? Your my grandma, you’re supposed to be kind and helpful and caring not trying to make me look bad!" I exclaimed.