"Yes."

"Kind of like you and Jade, right?"

"Well, we aren't going through the same things as each other, but, yeah, maybe."

Scott smiled once more and then he got back to work. He figured it would have been nice for him and Catania to do something like Cody and Jade, but they also had a lot to do. Catania would also be studying like crazy now that she was on her holidays and Scott would have been working like crazy, so he would have been able to get the job.

But, he still knew that the job wasn't for him and in bed the night before, he had come up with a plan.

He would finish his mechanic's course over the two years, and he would work as much as he could have at the ranch.

And when he finished his course, he would look for a mechanic's job and never have to work with horses again.

He really looked forward to that.

Even though Scott knew that he had to have his job at the ranch, it didn't mean that he wanted it. The pay would have been good, he gave it that, but the horses really gave him something to think about. Scott had never been into horses and he never wanted to be interested in them, even if Catania tried to make him want to ride and be around horses.

So, when Scott finished his course, he would do everything he could have to get another mechanic's job. He may not have been able to get a job in Sandy Beach, but there were a few other towns within driving distances that he could have looked at. He hoped that he wold have been accepted at one of them with huis degree and also his extensive experience in the industry. Catania said those tow things would have worked in his favourite and Scott hoped his wife was right.

"Are you and Catania happy?" asked Ella when she arrived at Scott's side.

"Why wouldn't we be?" replied Scott.

"I was just wondering."

"This isn't going to be like that question and answer session we have had before, is it?"

Scott had been interrogated by Ella once before, and her questions mainly revolved around how and why Scott married Catania. It was funny how she asked the questions, but the one about the baby, if Scott remembered right, got to him, and he had to put a stop to her. He hoped now wouldn't have been like that because as fun as it was, Scott needed to get his work done and not be distracted by the many questions of a teenage girl.

"Maybe," said Ella.

"Well, do I want to answer it?" asked Scott.

"Yes."

"Yes, we are happy."

"Then why are you working here?"

"I just lost my job."

"Why?"

"A merger of two mechanics, and some of us had to go; me included."

"It seems that everyone is losing their jobs around here."

"What do you mean?"

"Seth lost his job, and now you have. What do you call that?"

"Maybe it is the curse of the lost jobs or something."

"Do you think it means anything?"

"Ah, maybe. I don't get it."

"Well, bad luck or something. Seth was fried here, and you want to have a job, but what if you get fired too?"

"That is why I am trying to do a good job here."

"But you don't even like horses."

"I am trying to work on that."