Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Scott thought that his trial period was going well. He had learnt a lot about looking after horses, and he even got to help with a new paddock. He helped build the fence, and it was good.

Scott wasn't the best at working with horses, but when it came to odd handy man jobs, he was good. He had been a mechanic for a long time, so he was good with tools and building a fence included tools.

Cody had also managed to get Ally, Ella and Kayla involved in building the fence for the paddock. He told Scott that they had been bored all day, so they had bugged him and bugged him, and building the fence would have kept them occupied.

As Scott worked on digging holes for the fence, he didn't know what someone had walked up to him, waiting for him. He had to turn around, and when he did, he smiled when he saw that it was Catania.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Well, I don't have my placement today, and I have caught up with my study, so I thought I would come and see how you are going," replied Catania.

"Well, did you want to help here?"

"Not really."

"Thought so."

"I was going to go and work with Kahli, anyway."

"Okay."

"But I can come down now and then."

"To do what?"

"I don't know; distract you."

"Then I wouldn't really get this job, will I?"

"Alright. I guess you wouldn't, so maybe I will leave you alone."

"You can always come and keep my company by helping."

"You know I am not this type of work, Scott."

"You can be such a girl sometimes, baby."

"Isn't that a good thing."

"It's entertaining."

"And that is good?"

"Yes."

"Anyway, I should go."

"See you later."

"Bye."

Catania then left and Scott got back to his work with a smile. His wife was very entertaining, and he loved her for it. But when she was being entertaining, she was distracting, so during those times, especially when he was trying to get a job with good pay, an entertaining wife was not what Scott wanted.

"Catania bothering you?" asked Cody as he worked next to Scott.

"Not bothering me. She's funny," replied Scott.

"I heard you call her entertaining."

"She is, isn't she?"

"Very."

Cody smiled.

"Cat keeps going on about the fact that we should renew our vows too, seeing as you and Jade are," said Scott.

"Why don't you?" replied Cody.

"We didn't really have the typical marriage, did we?"

"Doesn't mean you can't do it."

"I think we have enough on our plates, anyway."

"You and Catania will be able to handle it."

"Will we?"