Skeleton Sickness

The bright sun was soon setting by the time you had left work. You hopped on your (F/C) motorcycle and put on your matching helmet. You started up the engine as your felt the purr of it being activated.

You drove as your hair trailed behind you in the wind, you felt the strong breeze brush against your face. You longed that you could go home to meet the two skeletons you loved the most, your boyfriend Sans, and one of your closest friends, Papyrus.

Once you were in front of your apartment, you stopped the engine to your motorcycle and went inside the building, soon saying hello to the people you knew and walking into the elevator, taking you to the floor you lived on.

You walked into the building to find Papyrus making spaghetti for dinner, as usual. You must admit, he has improved alot since the first time you ever ate it. It had a very....unique flavor, I guess you could say.

"AH, HUMAN! WELCOME HOME!" Papyrus said as he walked over to hug you. He was like, twice your height so it always felt awkward to hug him for some reason. "Hey Pap, good to see you too." You claimed and smiled at the taller skeleton standing in front of you. "Say, have you seen Sans?" Papyrus nodded. "YES, HE HAS BEEN IN BED ALL DAY. HE HAS APPARENTLY GOTTEN A VIRUS IN HIS MAGIC." He stated.

Your felt worried. "A virus in his magic...? Do you mean he's like...sick?" You asked. "WELL, YES. HE IS SICK, ACCORDING TO HUMAN TERMS." You sighed. "I-I didn't even know monsters could get sick." You said. "OF COURSE WE CAN, WE AREN'T THAT DIFFERENT FROM HUMANS AFTER ALL, REMEMBER?" He said and smiled, walking back to the stove to keep cooking his spaghetti.

You walked to Sans's room, to find him fast asleep on his bed. His room was even messier than usual today, probably because he didn't have the strength to even pick it up a bit. You decided to clean it up for him, being a nice girlfriend and all.

You did the simple things to cleaning up his room, throwing away trash, and picking up his clothes, and putting his clothes away. By the time you were done, you were pretty proud of yourself. It was the most clean you had seen it ever since Sans and Papyrus first moved in with you.

You wanted to see if maybe a monster's magic getting a virus was kinda like humans getting sick. So you quietly walked over to Sans's bed and put your hand on his face. Surprisingly, his face was indeed hot. So, your theory was soon proved correct. You smiled a little at the skeleton, how cute he looked when he slept. His cheeks were a slight blue color, his soft snores filled the room.

You kissed his forehead gently before walking towards the doorway. He stirred but you didn't notice. He sat up in his bed. "*hey, where ya going? *ya can't just let me hanging here kiddo." You heard the familiar deep voice say behind you. You turned around to find him looking at you, but instead of his "pupils" being white, they were cyan. "Oh, Sans, what's wrong with your eyes?" You asked, suddenly getting worried he may be getting ready to give you a "bad time".

"*oh, this? *this is just what happens whenever i get "sick", according to what you say." He stated. You smiled. "Oh good, I thought you would soon be saying "On days like these, kids like you should be burning in hell." You said. His smile faded a bit. "*what? *(Y/N), i would never do that to you, ever." He said. You walked over to him and sat on your knees by his bed.

"Well, that's good to know, ya bonehead." You said and smiled. He raised an "eyebrow". "*do ya really wanna rattle by bones?" He joked and then you and him started to laugh, his deep smooth laugh being interrupted by coughs, even though he didn't have any lungs.

"Well, you might wanna get to bed, bone daddy." You said before kissing his cheek. He chuckled before laying back down. "*goodnight, (Y/N)." He said before he quickly fell back asleep. You giggled before walking out of his room and silently closing the door behind you.

You walked into the kitchen and Papyrus looked at you. "HELLO HUMAN. YOU KNOW, I HEARD SANS'S VOICE FROM HIS ROOM, DID HE FINALLY WAKE UP?" Papyrus asked. "Well, yes. We talked a little bit but that was all. He's back to sleeping now." You said. Papyrus nodded before handing you a plate of spaghetti. "WHY DON'T YOU GO SIT DOWN AND EAT, HUMAN?" Papyrus said and smiled. You nodded and smiled back. "Alright, Pap." You said and went to go eat.

After you were done, you were originally going to go to bed since you were tired, but you couldn't stop worrying about what might happen to Sans while you and Papyrus were sleeping, since he was sick. You quietly opened the door and pulled up a chair and sat next to Sans's bed. "I'm gonna make sure nothing goes wrong, alright?" You whispered, only getting soft snores in response. You giggled slightly.

In the morning, Sans woke up, feeling much better than yesterday. He turned to find you sleeping, half on his bed and half on the chair you were sitting in. "*thanks, (Y/N)." He said before getting out of his bed, picking you up and setting you down in his bed. He pulled the covers over you and he put his hoodie and slippers on, soon walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.