39

D E R E K    D I S C A N I O
S t a t e   C h a m p s   f r o n t m a n

     We were the front act for the 5 Seconds of Summer last concert and I was trying to find Sarah. That girl, with beautiful brown hair. I met her at the 5 Seconds of Summer tour. She was wearing a yellow dress when I found her at the room of the Summer boys.

     I said hi and she smiled back which was nice. I would encounter moments like this too often and almost never because some of the girls I have met are not as friendly as her.

     It made me happy. She was always jolly everytime I caught her talking to Michael and the rest of the boys but she was always serious about Ashton.

     Just like when their presence crossed. They didn't say anything. Nothing. Their eyes met though and somehow Sarah was hoping that Ashton would say anything.

     Then there she was, just walked in from the cold night outside this concert hall.

     I told her I've been trying to look for her because I wanted her to see this beautiful place which I was going to offer for them. It was my uncle's business on the west coast. By the beach but Luke asked her about Ashton and dragged her out in front of me. And the last words I heard was, "I need to get this girl anywhere but here."

     I shrugged.

      I went back to our assigned place, or room. We were tuning our instruments and having a rest when Luke peeked inside.

     His eyes looked around the room then found me, "Derek, can we talk?"

     I nodded and said, "Yeah sure. What is it about?" He hasn't going out completely out the door.

     "Can we be more private?" he asked and we got out from the room.

     I shut the door behind me and took a few steps until we reach the end of the room. "This will do?" I asked him and his hands were already in his pockets.

     He looked around and back, then nodded. "Its about Sarah." he said.

     He was serious, "Is she your?" I asked.

     "Not mine but one of my lads. And I am requesting for peace inside their relationship because they've been through a lot." he said. His hands were out of his pockets now and he was brushing his blonde hair to the front and back. "Please? If you may. Thank you."

     He left.

     "Luke," I called out when he paced a few more steps and was opening their door, "I don't have any feelings towards her. Or any crushes or infatuation or whatever you call it. She was just nice."

     I ran towards him and fished the flyer out of my pocket, "I was trying to give her these," I laid it out so he could see the place, "It was my uncle's business, by the coast."

     He smiled but then he said, "You could've told me or the other guys. We were talking and hanging out. Right?"

     He shut the door.

     I still send him the pictures through viber.

L U K E   HE M M I N G S

     I wasn't convinced.