Old and New Scars

Start from the beginning

Percy nodded in surprise. "The hag in the orange hat. How do you recognize one?"

I pointed to my scar. "You have been wondering about this, yes?"

Percy frowned a little guilty.

I rolled my eyes and whispered quickly, feeling the bus starting to move under us. "Don't feel guilty, everyone does. Thanks to the one in the green hat-I have an interesting story to tell the grandkids."

"All three of them! Di Immortales." Grover cursed and grew a little pale.

Annabeth's face contorted, and I could tell she was thinking hard. "It's okay, the Furies, three worst monsters from the Underworld, no problem, no problem." She snapped her fingers. "We will just sneak out the windows."

"Are you serious? We can't sneak away-besides the windows don't open." I growled.

"Back exit then." Annabeth rose a brow.

I looked around, but did not see one. "Nope." I looked up to see all three of them getting out of their seats, claiming that they had to the use the restroom. "Too late now."

Annabeth pulled a Yankee's cap from her bag and threw it at Percy. "Put this on and sneak out. We have this."

Percy frowned. "No way!"

"Do it, Jackson." I hissed and shoved the hat on his head-he disappeared.

My heart pounded as the lady in the green hat's eyes met mine furiously. So she remembered when I killed her. Hope she's ready for me to do it again. Quickly, I popped open my locket and felt the weight of my bow and arrows rest on my shoulders.

I ducked behind the mortal's seat in front of me and subtly strung an arrow, waiting. In the blink of an eye, they were no longer old ladies, now they were deadly Furies, screeching at us at the tops of their lungs. I prepared to release the golden arrow straight through my Fury's heart, when the bus jolted.

Before my mind could process anything, we were tumbling, the bus was out of control and rolling down-hill. After a few heart-shattering moments, we had stopped. All the humans, screaming at the top of their lungs, raced out of the bus and as far away as possible.

Once that ground beneath my feet was stable I yelled to Annabeth and grover. "I got the green one-you two get the others!"

Immediately, the green one glared at me and lunged, grabbing me by the roots of my hair and then slammed me against the shattered window panes-sending an echoing and piercingly loud screech through my ears.

I fought against her claws, getting her to release my hair. I slammed my skull into hers, smirking as she screamed in pain. In the corner of my eye, I could see Percy still on the bus, helping Grover with his Fury. I began to string an arrow through my bow, but the Fury was predicting this.

The Fury slashed at me, knocking my bow out of my hands and dug her scaly fingernails into my wrists, piercing the thin layer of flesh and causing blood to begin to trickle from my wrists.

"You shall be the first to die, Lord Hades commands it." She hissed in my face.

Last resort popped in to my mind and I did it slightly because I wanted to see her reaction. I cleared all the mucous from the back of my throat and pulled it into my mouth, getting a nice juicy ball. Pulling my head back, I then spat forward, hacking a lugey on her leather face.

"Ugh!" The hag screamed at me ad swiped at her face trying to get the mucous off. "YOU VILE DISGUSTING CREATURE!"

It gave me just enough time to pull one of my hunting knives hidden in my belt and grab her from behind by her tiny strands of hair left on her leathery scalp. I pulled down fiercely on her tiny hairs, pulling her head back and exposing her neck.