Eva's voice sounded over the link as she directed us away from the playful children and around them. It was a longer route but it would keep us from the main path that many of the pack members would use. Thankfully we hadn't come across any of the warrior wolves that my Uncle had kept under his command. Unfortunately that simply left a sinking feeling in my stomach. If they weren't out roaming that means that they were probably preparing for the rest of the wolves to go into battle.

'Brother dearest.' Rue called out over our link causing me to stop our procession.

'Yes Rue?'

'Kaya and I have stumbled upon a group of shifters who look particularly fierce. I believe they are some of those warrior wolves you were telling us about. Shall they be our distraction?' She questioned.

'As long as you're sure you can take them but you have to wait till we're ready.'

'Fine. I suppose we can wait.' I could hear the pout in her voice as if I had told her that she wasn't allowed any sweets until after she finished her broccoli. 'Just hurry up brother dearest.'

'Stop calling me that. It's weird...' I grumbled as her laughter filled the link.

We continued on making sure to stay hidden until a large all white building began to emerge on the horizon. Even I could feel the magic pulsing off it in waves, no doubt the source of the magical barrier that surrounded this territory. Briefly I wondered if the witches in there could possibly be dark magic users and if this was a terrible idea from the jump. The thought was short lived as I remembered that this was the only way to stop this mad man.

'Rue, we're here at the building. Go on.' I instructed her before addressing my mate. 'Set, we're here at the building that houses the witches. Rue's going to cause a distraction to draw the guards on the outside away from the building. We should be in and out in about fifteen minutes, just wait for us.'

'Of course Love, anything for you.' Set's voice carried like silk over the link causing my cheeks to burn in embarrassment at the feeling that he instantly caused in me.

'Set, you're making Declan blush.' Owen giggled.

'Why?'

'Don't worry about it. Let's just..um...get this done.'

'Well just know that after this I plan on taking care of my boys.' Set answered before our mate link went silent with clear intent hanging in the air. Neither of us could wait for this to be over if only for the time we would finally be able to spend together as mates. A shiver ran down my spine at the mere thought.

Our group waited on the edge of the forest hidden by the trees making sure to stay down as we watched and waited to see if my plan had worked. Eva carefully stepped forward and motioned to the three guards standing in front of the building. One had walked inside before the two standing outside seemed to freeze in place before running off. Silently I thanked Rue as I motioned for our small troop to advance.

Xerxes was scratching and whining, wanting to be let out so that he could fight but I was waiting until he was absolutely needed before I let him go. Owen refused to shift until necessary as well but mainly because he really didn't want to have to kill if he didn't have to. Our fathers had taught us well enough to know how to fight fully shifted wolves in our human form and if it came to that we would be ready.

"Go." I directed as reached down and pulled the handle on the door, yanking the metal door open. My eyes scanned the inside of the door, my eyebrows scrunching in confusion at the strange marking carved into the metal. As the shifters passed us Owen, Eva and I made our way in not certain as to what we would find further down the darkened hallway. As she passed by the door she eyed the symbol carefully before dragging her finger along its markings, a grimace marring her features.