Chapter 19

Just the last touch ups left and Amaira's nerves were sky high. Her palms were sweating, she kept thinking what if she tripped down the isle.. could be possible with the heavy lehenga.

What if Sebastian doesn't turn up? No no cut that out.

"Mom you really need to relax. You are literally hyperventilating." Alia told her looking as nervous as she was.

"Chill you're just getting married. No big thing." Armaan her room, offering his sister his half eaten apple.

"Oh my god! You look like a girl Alia.." he squealed like a little girl, trying to ruffle her straightened her, just to irritate her.

He flopped on the bed and turned to look at his mother who was at the other side of the room, crowded by professional make-up artists appointed for her bridal make up.

"Woah mom. You look amazing.." his eyes huge as he saw her.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" Alia turned to him laughingly. Armaan din't reply because whatever he would answer, he was quite sure it would get him in trouble. He messaged dad that his mum was almost ready as he had been messaging and calling countless times since morning

"Finally.."  he heard Alia mutter and his mum sigh as her make up was finally over.

"Did you talk to him?" his mum asked him anxiously.

"Ya just messaged--" and his phone beeped again with another message from his dad.Really his messaging speed was improving with each passing second. "Okay he wants me to quietly take your picture, without telling you and send it to him."

"What?" Amaira threw an exasperated glance at him while Alia started giggling.

"Oh they are going to reach here in another 20 minutes. Nervous?" Armaan gently asked his mother, he knew how important this day was in their lives and he wanted to make it her best. She deserved  a beautiful wedding and he would do anything in the world to see his mother happy.

Though her occasional outbursts made him very nervous, like now how slowly her eyes started welling up with unshed tears and Armaan threw a panicked look at his sister.

"Please don't cry, please.." Armaan tried to comfort her. He looked at his sister for help as she too now was reduced to a state of near tears..

 He was in a full on panic mode.

"Mom come on. The baraat is..oh shit whats wrong?" Aryan came in rushing inside the room. He took in the crying and then turned accusingly to Armaan.

"What the hell did you do now?" he growled at him as Alia's little sobs turned into full blown hysterical crying.

"What? Whats wrong?" he turned to Alia, almost begging his kid sister to stop crying and listening intently as she explained. Slowly her crying turned into hiccups and when they returned to their normal self Aryan said

"I came here to tell you that its time. Dad is waiting for you downstairs.."

                                                        *******************************

After the  wedding rituals, Amaira and Sebastian had to pose for more than thousand pictures, alone, with friends, then family..and how can we forget the people they work with.

Sebastian gave a death glare to his kids and his sister who snickered at his plight, obviously enjoying every single moment of it.

"Oh god I don't think I've got half as many pictured clicked in my entire lifetime.." Amaira gave a tired sigh and turned to rest her head on Sebastian's shoulder.