Chapter 18

The performances had surprisingly gone really well, Aryan thought as he looked at the beaming faces of his parents.

His aunt and uncle had done a little musical act on how his parents met, fell in love and now were getting married. Only the happy parts.

Even he had performed, someone who had never danced in his life. All three of them had performed together and at the end his parents too joined in. His father hugged him, praising him and the siblings again and again. And he soaked in all the praises with delight.

"Wasn't that just awesome?" Alia asked him, her eyes bright as her dimples deepened when her smile became wider. His sister looked so happy and without replying he  just looped an arm around her neck and kissed her forehead,and then pulling her hair and then tousling them a bit, just to irritate her.

She pinched hard on his arm as he yelped.God it was really painful, he thought rubbing his bruised arm.

He looked over to Armaan who was back in his normal self, but both Aryan and Alia could see how hard was he trying to do it. They had asked him numerous times but he dint them them anything.

Armaan was searching for his mystery girl. He looked for her everywhere. Well she was a guest invited to the wedding so she had to be here. She had to.

Maybe she wasn't coming. Armaan just let out a disappointed sigh, his shoulders drooping  and joined his parents and siblings.

Sebastian looked at the woman standing beside him, laughing at the story Ian was telling her.

This ceremony was Sangeet and Mehendi combined. Sebastian and the rest had arrived at Amaira's house with dhols. It was a tradition here that the groom had to come and see the bride's mehendi(henna) with his friends and family with the whole 'band baaja'.

It gave Sebastian immense pleasure that he had to feed her as her mehendi had still not dried.

He looked at her hands and observed the intricate, delicate design. He knew his name was somewhere hidden in mehendi which adorned her hand. His engagement ring on her delicate, fine boned finger made the dark design appear all the more beautiful.

He looked over to his children, his sons occasionally feeding their sister as she too, after their performance had put mehendi on her hands. They are given a mind-blowing performance, on all hindi songs which literally stunned him.He never knew his kids were so talented. He was so proud when he had heard the hoots and clapping from the guest after the performance. His hands ached because he himself was clapping so hard.

They had done everything possible to make this their parents dream wedding.

"I'm hungry." Amaira suddenly turned to him, making an adorable face and Sebastian couldn't resist pinching her cheeks. Her eyes widened at this before a melodious giggle reached his ears.

He fed her the spicy Punjabi cuisine specially made for the function. She had little food and loads of desserts, which included her favourite jalebis and rasgullas!

"So when are you going to tell Alia about...?" Amaira asked him in a low tone.

He did not let her finish the question immediately adding a   "Not now. After the wedding."

"Hmm. But you don't know how mad she'll get at you. Till now you've seen a sweet, innocent Alia but when she's mad-" she stopped suddenly and then added mischievously " She's worse than you."

"Huh? Excuse me. I'm not that bad--" Sebastian replied immediately defensive.

"Please stop bickering like kids. Everybody's looking at you." Mrs. Kapoor came and told them to lower it down as they giggled like spoilt school kids.