Chapter 5

Enjoy. x Dedicated to Emily. She doesn't have wattpad but she is reading this anyways :) Love you child. Go easy on yourself, nothing is as bad as it seems. xx

Dean and Cas had been a couple for just over two months now. Dean was happy so much more when he was around Cas because for those times he could be carefree and childlike which he had never been before. Dean always felt older than he actually was because of all the responsibility of looking after Sam. Dean had practically grown up by himself looking after Sam. He was forced to become an adult at an extremely young age but when he was with Cas he felt like a child. Cas of course was pretty much a child, but Dean loved him for it. He loved it when Cas got confused and the angel never failed to make him smile with his weird remarks about anything and everything.

This day was different though. Dean was scared and his nerves had been on edge since he received the text in the morning.

From: Dad

Case closed. Cursed object. Coming home at about 2 this afternoon.

Dean had nearly dropped his phone.

It was five past two and Dean was sat next to Cas on the Winchesters’ couch twiddling his thumbs and trying to hide how nervous he was. John had never been very accepting of anything and Dean had no idea how he would react.

In Dean’s eyes, John had always been more proud of Sam who was getting good grades and had a potential future whereas Dean was just a part time mechanic who couldn’t do anything John thought was worth anything.

Dean resented this idea because the reason he was a part time mechanic, was so he could earn some honest money to make sure Sam could get his good grades and didn’t die of starvation or something. Dean had put everything aside to make sure Sam grew up properly. Everything. The least John could do was be happy for him now.

Dean jumped as he heard the front door slam and John walked into the living room.

“Hi Dean. Where’s Sam.” Dean felt a pang in his heart as his father brushed him off.

“In his room. Dad I have to talk to you”

“Who’s this?”

“Well that’s kind of it. Cas this is John, my dad. Dad this is Castiel, my boyfriend.” The last part came out quieter and Dean looked at his lap.

John was silent. He looked from Cas to Dean trying to get his head around the news. John had never expected this and it was all a bit much.

“Please. Leave.” John growled, his voice dangerously quiet. Dean looked up hurt and shocked. He’d rather have received a beating than this. This house was more his than John’s and now he was being kicked out. It hurt more than words could say.

Cas quickly grabbed Dean’s hand and lead him out of the house. The last thing he needed now was conflict. Cas looked at Dean and he could see the tears threatening to spill in his green eyes. His eyes had lost their glow and now they just looked dull and sad.

“You can stay at mine for a few days ok? He just needs to get his head around it. Lets go. When we get to mine you can smash and break anything. I’ll fix it don’t worry.”