"Bear with me." Taking another deep breath, I prepare myself to explain. Just say it!! "I'mscaredofwhatwillhappenifIweretoactonmyemotionsandpotentiallyruineverythingwiththeveryhumancontactthatInowfeelIneedwhichisalsoconfusingsinceI'mnotfamiliarwiththemandIcan'ttrustmyselftostaythesamepersonasbefore."

He stays silent for a couple gruesome seconds.

"You let me hold your hand last week."

"We were on night patrol. It was dark. You insisted I hold it."

"You didn't object."

"I- ugh, okay. Fine."

"I thought it was comforting."

"It was not disappointing."

"Can I hold your hand now?"

"I- uh..." My cheeks fill with the heat of my blush.

"Man, you've got to stop being flustered every time I speak. It's infuriatingly adorable."

I blush harder. "W-well it's not l-like I have a choice." I mutter, looking down at my shoes.

Darren laughs. "What are you laughing at?" I ask, slightly incredulous.

Before he could answer, I sense a sudden shift and start to wander into Angela's mind to read her emotion. My eyes water as distress fills into my mind, my chest feeling tight and constricted. I also feel Jesse's presence close to her. It brings relief and I'm able to hold onto that.

"What is it?" Darren asks, concern in his voice.

"I'm fine. It's Ange. I think she's finally reached her breaking point." My chest loosens as the seconds pass. "Just give me a moment, I need to concentrate." The feeling lifts while I retract my power but the effect is too great and I become light-headed. My knees give out as I lose my balance. My body falls forward only to be cradled in Darren's muscular arms. I look up and find that I'm only an inch away from Darren's soft lips. His eyes explore my face in such a gentle manner that my heart practically jumps out of my chest.

"You don't have to be afraid." he says. He leads one of his hands to the nape of my neck, the other curves around my waist as he leans closer and closer, my eyes fluttering to a close until finally-

Our lips touch in a fiery, yet gentle kiss. Darren moves carefully with a rich rhythm that makes my heart beat erratically. His grip on my waist tightens and he pushes me against the wall one more time.

He parts from me to peer into my eyes. And breath. I think.

"Has anyone told you you're a great kisser?"

I lightly laugh. "Actually... That was my second kiss." The second one that actually mattered...

Darren's eyebrows shoot up. "No way, you've never kissed anyone else?"

My lips curve up while my cheeks begin to heat up again. "No, just you."

"You're blushing again."

I look at him challengingly. "What are you going to do about it?" I say as I run my hands up his chest and to his nape.

"Keep doing that and I'm gonna-" He wasn't able to finish the thought. He quickly pecks my lips then leans his forehead on mine. 'You're going to be the death of me.' I hear him think.

Kiss me. I tell him, smiling against his lips. He kisses me slowly but passionately, throwing me into a sweet, sweet oblivion.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That was scary. I think to myself as I walk down the hallway to Angela's room.

Not really, that was AMAZING. I place my hand on my lips. I can still feel his against mine. His eyes looked so soft and warm-like honey straight from the hive or syrup on a pancake. Yeah, like syrup on a pancake. I smile widely as I recall the moment. Who knew that wouldn't have been so bad? I didn't- and now look, I loved it.