So they are shocked not only by the way I was talking, but the fact I was speaking at all. Plus, for a wallflower I said quite a mouthful I must say. But that was only so that the teacher wouldn't begin to get into the whole mean save it for later mode I'd seen in movies and actually witnessed a couple of times.

Her expression was also shocked. "Well, just don't interrupt me again."

"Of course, m'am."

She turned on her heel and went back to the front of the room.

"Well, that was just interesting. I've never seen you-"

"Speak so much?" I asked.

"And you were very . . .  well you seemed like you spoke to people on an everyday basis. While at a ball."

I laughed. "Yeah, of course. I've never been to a ball . . . well, one time I guess but I don't really count it since it was when I was still barely able to speak with proper grammar."

“Well, your grammar is quite proper now.” He smiled adorably and I giggled.

“Well, when you have no real friends, there’s not much to do,” I shrugged.

“Well, you have friends now,” he nodded.

“Aw. Thanks Li-Li,” I cooed teasingly, shocking myself a little with how comfortable I was with him. Not at all like how I was with Harry who seemed to go out of his own way to make me uncomfortable. Wait.

What does Harry have to do with any of this?

He chuckled. “No. Not the pet name. It’s only fair I come up with one for you.”

I wrinkled my nose. “Harry calls me ‘Sweetheart.’” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“Aw. Well that’s cute. With Haz it’s usually babe or nothing.”

“I feel so special,” I said drily.

He grinned and stopped in front of my class. “This is where you are, right?”

I nodded. “This is it.”

“Well, I need to get to my class. Try to survive without me, ‘right babe?” he said cheekily.

“Why, it sounds so impossible.” I made a sad expression and he jogged off to his class, chuckling.

Here is my new seventh period. I stepped into the class room and froze when everyone took the time to stop whatever they were doing to gaze at me. I pulled myself out of my trance, ducked my head avoiding eye contact, and made my way to the far off desk.