Chapter 70 || "Shut your fucking mouth pal!"

Start from the beginning

Maybe it was his aim. Maybe it was my reflex. Maybe it was just my luck. But as though intended, the remote flew cleanly through the air, spiralling rapidly towards my unsuspecting face before connecting harshly with my temple. There was a scream, a gasp and then a thud, before the room was plunged into a tense silence, the atmosphere changing from 'awkwardly casual' to 'holy fücking shít, that just happened'.

The expression on Ashton's face made up for the pain I was now experiencing - but only slightly.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

With soft hands and delicate touches, Harry intently examined my forehead, absent-mindedly chewing upon his bottom lip. The reaction this would have derived from me weeks ago did not resurface and I felt an unnecessary feeling of pride, glowing around me like a protective halo.

Only now could I see that nobody could compare to Ashton.

"Does it hurt?"

Tentatively tapping upon the injured area, I nodded, wincing in pain. I could already tell this was going to bruise - just in time for Graduation.

Lucky me.

"Ashton, what the fück?"

"I have no idea how that happened." He mumbled, tugging nervously upon the roots of his scruffy hair. His hazel eyes were wide and shone with guilt and horror, fixed intently upon my stinging forehead

"You threw the fücking remote at her face." Harry replied bluntly, his voice harsh and bitter "What did you think would happen?"

"I thought it would land perfectly on her lap!" Ashton exclaimed, his tone slightly less apologetic "I had no intention of hurting her!"

"You never do." Michael sighed, causing the room to still, my jaw slackening in shock.

Oh shít.

"What does that mean?" Ashton questioned, his eyebrows cocked upwards, challenging him. Michael shrugged, studying his bitten nails with disinterest.

"It means that you're human and you make mistakes," he answered easily - despite Ashton's threatening nature "it just seems that Pandora is always the one getting hurt."

"Wh- That isn't true!"

"Well-" Calum began, abruptly silenced by a stern glare.

"Shut up."

"Oh look, your shows on, Pandora!" Luke told me, shooting an overly-enthusiastic glance around the room. His smile was hesitant and his blue eyes were brimmed with apprehension, glossy beneath the light

He was afraid.

"When was the last time you and Pandora went a full week without fighting?" Michael asked, his brow cocked upwards with curiosity. Ashton scowled, visibly displeased by his question.

"That's none of your business."

"Is it not?"

"Oh, he's hot." Luke stated, attempting to divert everyone's attention towards the TV screen - where Jack Falahee stood mid-shot "Isn't he hot, Mikey?"

"Yeah, sure." Michael shrugged, his gaze never leaving Ashton "What do you mean this is 'none of my business'?"

"It's not your relationship, Michael." Ashton answered, a bitter edge to his voice "It's mine. What happens between me and Pandora stays between us."

"Unless you upset her." Michael chuckled, causing my chest to tighten in horror

He wouldn't.

"Then it's my job to comfort your girlfriend as she rants endlessly about your dysfunctional relationship - like how she hates calling you daddy but you beg her to anyways."