Chapter 10: Wish You Were Here

"Buddy!"

I cheer as I see Garth in the parking lot, sitting there on his car hood with a small smile on his face. It immediately drops but then picks back up as he sees me practically launch myself out of Baby's backseat and onto the road. Although, he seemed a little confused. I could see it in his light brown eyes. Stumbling some, I gain my legs after a couple steps and slowly make my way over, feeling tired and sore. That didn't stop me from smiling happily and making my way over to the kind man. He leaps off the hood and walks speedily over to meet me in the middle, opening his arms to help me stay up and in place. I lean forward but grab onto his slim body for support.

"It's so nice to see you!" I cheer again and look up to meet his eyes. He smiles back at me but seems hesitent. Almost forced.

"Are you okay, there?" He asks me and I nod quickly, happy to see his adorable face. It had been so long since I saw him in real life and not talking to him over the damn phone. It was refreshing to see my friend again after so much hurt.

Glancing up behind over my shoulder, he brightens up a little more at the sight of Sam and Dean coming over to us. They had the pure look of boredom and pain in their faces.

"Sam! Dean!" Garth beams and let's go of my shoulders a little, leaving me to stumble forward more.

He runs up to them and gives them a bear hug, and I get to see the uncomfortable face the brothers make behind Garth's back. I just watch.

"You didn't tell me there would be company! It's always good to have backups. What's her name?" He lets go and points at me, using Dean as an armrest. I look behind me to see who he was talking about, but we were alone in the parking lot. No other car was parked and no other person was walking by.

"Uh, you mean the one in front of us?" Dean tries to clarify. Garth nods and just smiles at me.

Taking a step foreward toward me again, he sticks his hand out and waits for me to shake it. "Garth Fitzgerald IV, at your service." He introduces but I don't shake his hand.

My smile falters a little and sadness fills me instantly, and I take a step back, not believing him. Did Garth not know who I was? I momentarily forgot about my new appearances, with my gray eyes and brown/gray hair, but didn't he recognize his friend? This was alarming to me.

"You don't know who that is?" Sam points to me, too, confused. Garth hums out a disappointing answer. Moose looks up to me. "I thought you said you knew him? Like, really knew him?"

"I know." I whisper.

"I don't think I know her, I don't forget a pretty face like that." Garth cheekily smiles but lowers his hand shakily. He stood there all awkward and embarrassed, and the brothers watched us with close eyes; they seemed to be concerned for me. I told them before we parked that I knew Garth for the longest time and that we were friends, that he was my only friend before I met them both. They later apologized for making fun of him and I forgave them, but not after scolding them for the longest time.

"Y-you don't know who I am?" I ask in a quiet voice, stepping up to get closer to see if he could recognize me. He frowns at me and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong person." He sounded apologetic and sincere, and I knew he didn't want to hurt my feelings. He wasn't like that, he wasn't joking about this situation. He really didn't know who I was. This whole 'changing appearance' thing was really getting on my nerves.