She softly laughed but soon spoke.

"Good luck with that."

A thought quickly crossed my mind. One I was all so keen about. With a smirk, I ripped Ethel up into my arms, holding her bridal style. She looked up at me, her eyes meeting mine. Soon she began to giggle as I began to carry her back towards the front door of my house. I wasn't really going to take her inside, but that didn't mean I wasn't considering it. I was simply mucking around with her.

As I began to lean my head down, wanting to kiss her. I stopped in my tracks once I heard an unusual noise. It wasn't just Ethel laughing and carrying on, it was something else. Something much louder.

Before I could comprehend, Ethel flopped out of my arms, landing on her feet in a kneeling position as she pulled out her blade. She had that on her all along? I wouldn't of guessed.

Wow, she's incredible!

Shrugging myself back to reality, I grabbed my gun from the hoist and held it low, defensively.

"Show yourself!" I hissed, snapping my attention towards the small garden on the front lawn. It was all in darkness as well, the street-light didn't quite light up that part of my place.

More noises continued from out of the dark shadows, as if it was coming closer and closer. I didn't know who it was lr what it was, but I sure was going to kill them if they stepped any closer.

"Stay there." I commanded Ethel, leaving her by the front door.

She instantly frowned and shook her head, refusing.

"Stay. Please." I hushed, returning the look. I didn't want her to get hurt, I knew she would be alright if she just stayed where I left her. Hearing the noise descent further and further to the end of the house, I decided to walk around the back and to the front from the other side.

Holding my gun at the ready, I quietly walked, making barely any sound. Stopping for a moment, I listened in to the noise. It was now moving at a faster pace, back around the front and towards where Ethel stood. Speeding up, not worrying about the noise I was making, I darted through the garden and leapt towards Ethel who wasn't where I left her. What the fuck was going on? There was no one there except for Ethel. And why didn't she listen?

"Jax, it was just this pretty kitty." Ethel announced with a smile. She was no longer holding her blade, instead, she was cuddling a small cat. Feeling the relief wash over me, I put my gun away and walked closer to Ethel. The cat rubbed it's face against Ethel, soundly
purring away.

"I thought I told you to stay put." I raised my eyebrows.

"Did you honestly think I would?" She looked up from patting the cat.

"I was hoping." I sighed.

"Don't keep your hopes up, you would have to handcuff me before I'd stay." She smirked as she looked back at me.

"That's not a bad idea." I caressed the cat's head, it's fur was much softer than it looked. It sure was a cute cat, very friendly and seemed to have a nice nature to it. One thing I knew for sure though, it seemed to enjoy the attention.

I don't blame the thing. It probably doesn't get much attention, who knows. I didn't even know where it came from and if it had an owner. Surely it would have, it wasn't skinny.

"I'm guessing it's time to go?" Ethel questioned.

"Yeah. We better get back, otherwise Clay will be throwing a fit." I nodded, leaving her side and heading towards my bike.

"Alright." She mumbled, giving the cat another cuddle before placing it back down onto the ground.

I knew Clay didn't give a shit, he never did unless it had anything to do with the club's bullshit. I just knew we had to leave, otherwise I was really considering taking Ethel back inside and leading her to the bedroom. At least if I take her back to the clubhouse, there was less a chance of that happening. But believe me, no matter what, I wanted her. I needed her.