Happy Birthday (Kihyun)

It's your bestfriend's birthday, Kihyun. He's turning 22 this year. You've celebrate his birthday together ever since you guys were 4 years old. You remember how you would blow the candles together with him every time. You checked your phone. 12.00 a.m. It's time. Happy Birthday, Yoo Kihyun. You said sadly in your heart. Kihyun couldn't celebrate his birthday with you this year. He's busy promoting Monsta X in China. You knew that but you somehow hoped that he would show up magically. You tried to be understanding and sent him a text instead. "Happy Birthday, Kiki. Thank you for bearing my attitude for 18 years. I love you and fighting in China! We'll celebrate when you come back to Seoul." Delivered. You smiled and fell asleep not too long after that.

The next day, you woke up and did your daily routine. Shower, Breakfast and you went to campus. You checked your phone. No reply. Is he that busy? You thought. You shook your head at all the possible thoughts. No no no. Stop making assumptions, Jaerin. You sighed and proceed with your class. You went home for lunch, your mum wasn't home but she left you a note. "The food is served on the table, honey. I'll be out with Mrs Yoo." You ate and suddenly, you heard a sound of things falling. Your body jumped slightly. You've been always afraid of sudden noises. Especially when you're home alone. You made your way to your bedroom slowly while turning your head from side to side. Gosh, how I wish Kihyun would be with me right now. You slowly opened your bedroom door.

SURPRISE!! Seven charming boys greeted you with their cute smile. You stumbled slightly as you were taken aback. A pair of arms quickly grabbed your waist. "Kiki!" You literally screamed before giving him the tighest hug ever. "I missed you so much you have no idea!" You said. Kihyun just smiled while staring at you. You looked at him confused. Then it hit you, his birthday. "Happy Birthday Yoo Kihyun! Why didn't you reply to my text?" You sulked. "That's a long story noona, but hey we're here now." Changkyun said. "But hey, how could you just send me a text? You should've flew to China to celebrate my birthday with me!" It's Kihyun's turn to sulk. You shook your head at his cuteness.

"Enough with your bestfriend till death moment guys. My arms are hurting from holding the cake. The candles are melting too." Hyungwon whined. "Noona should blow the candle along with hyung." Kihyun nodded and smiled before they start singing. You blew the candle along with Kihyun for the 18th time. You smiled in happiness. "I thought I won't be celebrating your birthday this year." You said to Kihyun while the others are busy cutting the cake and eating the fast food you ordered. "You know I couldn't let that happen, munchkin." Kihyun flashed his sweetest smile ever. You ended your day with a movie night with the boys.