Chapter Four

He pulled me close and we danced slow. The cellos plaid beautifully as he turned me around and round. Oh it was great and it went on for hours.

"Would you like a drink," he asked me slowly and softly. It made my ears tingle. I nodded and he lead us out of the crowded dance floor. I sat at one of the tables in a chair. I waited for Alexander to return with a drink and while I was waiting, in my line of vision I could see Skylar and Brian dancing together slowly. A smile arched on my face a bit watching them peacefully. To be honest, I wasn't angry with Brian anymore. He was happy now.

"What is my date so interested in?" Alexander startled me and my vision changed to look at him. His tone wasn't joking but his facial expression wasn't angry either. "I was just watching my foster brother dancing with his ex."

He sat down beside me handing me my drink and looked at them as well. "The blonde and the black haired boy?"

I nodded, "he's been trying to get her for months."

"Really? I wouldn't work that hard for anyone. It's just another person."

I shrugged. Watching them and taking a drink. It was red wine, house merlot. It was strong but it was soft. Without really knowing I drank the whole glass. Alexander just laughed at me.

As a few minutes passed Alexander finally spoke, "you're a foster child?"

"Yeah, for about five years. I live with Judy and Mark Crabtree now and cannot wait till I leave."

I looked down at my empty glass and looked back at him. He was already looking at me with piercing far eyes, "would you want to go back to my place? It's after two in the morning."