Chapter 5

We stayed in each others arms for what seemed like forever. Even though he was turning into a Wendigo I still felt safe in his arms. Crap then I remembered that Olivia was still with us.

"Josh we need to find Olivia"

"The girl you were with?"

"Yeah" I was reluctant to let go but I knew we needed to find Olivia. Josh got up and held out a hand so I could have some help getting up. I looked at him one more time but he didn't really hold my eye contact for more than a few seconds. I grabbed his face and turned him to face me,

"Josh honestly I don't care what you look like just as long as we're together. I love you and don't doubt it cause I will always stay by your side. We'll find a way to reverse it, I promise" I pecked his lips and held his hand while we started to look for Olivia.

"Olivia" I whisper-shouted. I heard a groan coming just a little ways ahead of us, I sprint to the sound with Josh on my heels. We approach a figure that has been lying on their stomach with their face to the side.

"Worse day ever" I recognized the voice, Olivia. I sigh and walk up to her checking to see if there is any wounds on her; seeing nothing I crouch down by her head,

"You don't even know" I push her so now she was on her back.

"Hey I have an idea. How about we just lay here and take a quick nap before everyone finds us" I laughed at that comment.

"Group one is M.I.A and the boys are waiting for us to find the others. I'm pretty sure that we're there only shot in surviving down here". Olivia groaned,

"Fucken paranormal shit. See this is why I hate stupid horror movies"

"Come on, we need to find the others and help the boys" she sighs a fine and starts to get up. I stand up and extend my hand out for her, she accepts and we both laugh at how muddy she looks right now. Something catches Olivia's eye and she gets into a fighting stance, I turn my head to see that she is looking at Josh. I grab her arm and tell her that he's fine, that he was the one that helps us. She dropped her stance but was still tense, sighing I knew that that was going to be the best I could do for right now.

"Alright so how the hell are we suppose to find group one? They could have heard the explosion and took off too"

"They're not far I can hear something up ahead"

"Are you sure it's people and not your buddies"

"Olivia back off" I looked at her with anger and told her to drop off before there was a fight.

"Sorry" she whispered and looked down the mine. I knew she didn't mean it but I finally got Josh back and I needed to get him out of here.

"Y/n, I'm going to go check it out" he put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me intensely. I've never seen him so composed, so in control.

"No we all go. I'm not losing you again" his expression didn't change though it was more determined than it was five seconds ago.

"Y/n. I'm not going anywhere I just want to make sure that the Wendigo's didn't come back. I'll stay in the shadows so if is the people they won't think I'm one of the Wendigo's".

"Josh" I raised my eyebrow and looked at him sternly.

"I'll be back in a few minutes go stand my the wall and don't move till I come for you. Alright?" I was about to argue with him but he was gone in a blink of an eye. I turned back to Olivia and see seems less tense and more relaxed. We head for the wall and I sit down, I could feel my thighs burning but I knew that that was the least of our concerns. Moments passed and still nothing, I could feel anxiety was rising in my mind.