"I definitely like!" Audra said grinning as widely as I most likely am. 

"Good, Now what time does the party start again?" I ask, thanks to my forgetfulness. 

"Cody said that it starts at seven, but he's coming home at six thirty to get you."

"Okay, do you know what time it is now?" I ask

"Six o'three." 

"Oh shit! That soon. Damn it!" I say running back into the bathroom to straighten my hair, and finish my make up. 

In all honestly, I'm really nervous for this party. The last party I went to was two years ago, and everyone there was fifteen years old. There is no such thing as a drinking fifteen year old party, as far as I'm concerned, and from what Audra's told me, this is a college, adult party. Shit! I'm freaking out!

"Ah!" She gasps, rolling over to sit by the bathroom door, so we can still talk. "Child in the room, remember?! flush the toilet, you potty mouth!" 

"Oh, sorry. I'm just a little jittery and nervous." 

"Because you love Cody?" She said with a hopeful tone.

"Crap!" I say when I accidentally burn my hand on the hot hair straightener, due to being surprised by her assumption. "Sorry to tell you this, kid, but I don't love Cody, I don't even like him. To be honest, I don't really know him enough to have real feelings for him. If were anything, we're just friends." 

"Oh.... then why did you say yes to going to the party with him?" she asks, and I can see that she is upset. 

"I said yes, because he can't get in without me, and although he's arrogant, big-headed, rude, conceited, and annoying as hell, I want to get to know him better."

 "So there's still hope you guys will be together?!" She said hopefully.

I honestly don't think I will ever like Cody, and I know he doesn't like me, but there is no easy way to make a little girl in a wheelchair upset. So, being the dumb ass I am, I responded, "You know, there just might be."

"Really?! Yeah!" She says then she looks at my cellphone, because she was playing with it while I was trying on dresses. " Shoot! It's six twenty!"

"Crap!" I exclaim for the second time today, and I finish up straightening my hair, and moving on to my make up. 

I put black eyeliner on my water lines, and put a thin line of liner on my top eyelids. I also put on some simple blush, and lip gloss, and inspected myself in the mirror. 

"Perfect!" Audra exclaims, and almost on cue, there was a knock at the door. "I got it!" Audra yelled, rolling out of my sight and to the front door. 

I can hear Cody's voice, as he converses with his younger sister, and I quickly find a pair of back wedges, and my cellphone. 

I walk out into the living room, where Cody and Audra were standing. Audra was blabbing about something, while He was ignoring her, and texting someone. Neither of them seemed to notice me enter the room. 

"Ready?" I ask Cody, and he looks up from his cell phone. His eyes widen, and Audra has a triumphant grin on her face. 

"Um.. Yeah." He says snapping out of his previous trance like state.

"Okay." I say and I walk towards the door.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>