1

The forest frowned on either side of the frozen waterway. The beautiful green trees had been stripped of their leaves, in the wind, they seemed to be leaning toward each other, black and ominous, in the fading light. A uncomfortable silence reigned over the part of the land. The land was lifeless only 2 people lived in that area, in a little cabin that they had built themselves and (y/n) was proud of all the work her and emmeryn had done. A hint of a scream sounded in the air, surprising (y/n) and emmeryn, nobody could enter the forest, the only way to enter was through a steep and unwelcoming trail. A second scream arose, piercing the silence with a needle-like shrillness. Both (y/n) and emmeryn located the sound. It was to the rear, somewhere in the snow expanse they had just traversed. A third scream arose, again in the rear.
"Who's there?" emmeryn spoke shivering as she clung onto (y/n), who stared forward, no sign of fear showing on her features. "Help." Was all the unknown figure managed to speak out, (y/n) pushed emmeryn to the side gently, as she walked closer to the unknown figure with brown hair. "He's human, (y/n)..get away from him." emmeryn took a step back, (y/n) glared at the short female, then smiled gently at her, fear now showing in her (e/c) orbs. (Y/n) risked a glance at the brown haired male, and her pulse raced. His left hand pressed against the gashes in his thigh, crimson blood surged through his fingers staining his blue jeans. Blood ran down his soft-looking face, mixing with his tears. A growl rose in (y/n)'s throat, angry at the creature who attacked him, she stomped her bare foot onto the ground. She froze, looking at emmeryn quickly she turned to face the male again, cautiously walking towards him.
"(Y/n)." emmeryn's cry sounded from behind (y/n), causing her from taking anymore steps. She turned around, her body tensing when she looked at emmeryn, who now had the courage to glare at the (h/c) female. (Y/n) shook her head, letting out a short barsh bark, she turned around once more, stalking toward the strange male, her (h/c) wolf ears flicking back and forth. The scent of fear covered the brown haired male, as he stared in horror at the half breed in front of him. She took another step toward him, wanting to help him. He tried to move back but instead collapsed onto his elbows. (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes moved over his face. His eyes were beautiful to her, but were full of pain. Desire to help him consumed her, she couldnt watch him die. Dropping to her knees beside him, she moved her (h/c) hair out of her face, revealing her beautiful (s/t) face. His body shook. She reached for him but hesitated surprised to feel her own limbs trembling, she's never been so afraid.
"Who are you?" The boy stared at (y/n); she didnt respond, as she got lost in his eyes. (Y/n) shook her head, helping him up he didnt fight, knowing he had no power left. "You'll be fine, just leave and never return." He looked surprised, but not afraid, (y/n) sighed knowing that wasn't good, humans and a lab rat like her shouldnt get along. She let go of him, he reached out for her slowly not having much strength; she snarled telling him to back off.
"Wait-" he took another step toward the (h/c) female, using most of his strength to get to her again. He smiled cautiously then opened his mouth as if about to speak, but instead he collapsed onto the cold white ground beneath him, not moving, only his shallow breaths could be heard. (Y/n) picked up the boy, abandoning her attempt to outrun fear, and continued walking. "Why did you save him?" emmeryn's calm voice asked, "humans mean nothing to us, so why did you save him?" "We're taking him somewhere i dont know where but we'll find a place." (Y/n) sighed, looking down at the boy, who was moving in her arms, "then we'll go to masters place, ok?" emmeryn just nodded as tears hot and unwanted streamed down (y/n)'s cheeks. emmeryn watched without judgement, as they thought about the punishment they would get if their 'master' figured out what they had done.