"Mum!" Calum yelled embarrassed slamming his face down on the table causing Ashton to burst out laughing

"This isn't funny, Ashton! Calum you show up with a love bite and you've been so secretive lately. Leaving after dinner or coming home late from school. What else am I supposed to think?"

"Mum, relax. I'm fine and everything's fine. If I needed you to know, I would've told you." Calum said quite rudely.

"Watch that tone," Ashton warned

"Look, everything is alright. Can I go now?" Calum asked but he didn't wait for an answer as he walked out of the room annoyed

"He won't even tell us who it is," Charlie complained

"C'mon. He won't tell his parents who gave him a love bite, that's awkward," Ashton reasoned

"But still," she protested

"Leave it alone babe," Ashton said kissing her head softly but regretting it because her hair wasn't as soft as Luke's.

=•=

Calum was sitting in his room strumming his guitar and glaring at his English homework that was due tomorrow.

He debated whether or not to do it but he decided that it could wait. Julius Caesar isn't that important anyway, he's dead.

Then his thoughts drifted off to a certain someone with amazing hair and the sparkliest green eyes that has been haunting Calum all evening.

Calum ditched his study group earlier and they walked for nearly an hour around some park before getting ice cream.

Calum was falling fast and he knew it. He loved that him and this guy could do basically nothing but talk and they'll still have a good time, his only fear though is telling his parents he's gay.

He isn't sure how they'll react because they're never really discussed homosexuality and as much as Calum would like to think they're family, he still has doubts on if they'll accept him. If they don't, he does not know what he'll do.

"Calum honey, can we talk?" His mum asked entering his room.

He put down his guitar and shrugged.

"Okay, I get that this stuff is weird to talk about with your mum but I need to know if you're seeing someone," she said and Calum rolled his eyes at her phrase for dating and invasion of his privacy.

"Relax mum, it's fine, nothing too serious," he lied.

It was serious. It had been for nearly three weeks now.

"Calum just tell me," she urged

"Mum I get that you're concerned but I'm assuring you there's nothing to be worried about. Now can you leave, I have work to do," he snapped putting the guitar down.

Charlotte gasped. Calum never talked like that, especially to his parents.

"Calum,I don't know where this bad attitude is coming from but it better stop," she warned

"Okay," he replied exasperated. He just wanted her to leave.

"Calum, just tell me who it is damnit!" She snapped and Ashton came running into the room.

"What happened, I heard yelling," he said out of breath.

"She is annoying me," Calum replied

"Calum!" Both parents scolded.

"Just tell me who she is, or you're grounded," Charlie declared and Ashton looked at his wife in betrayal.

Calum gulped and his palms immediately started to clam up. Of course they'd think it's a girl, a boy would never cross their minds.

Calum can't help but feel like he's disappointing them by not only lying to them but not admitting he's gay as well.

"I thought we agreed to drop it?" His dad huffed and Calum sighed.

"I can't! I'm his mother. What if it's some predator? Or pedophile!" She argued

Calum rolled his eyes again, "That's not the case,"

"Well how would we know if you don't just tell us," she said

Calum groaned and began hitting his head against the wall. This was all one big mess.

"Charlie, he's a big boy capable of making his own decisions," Ashton defended a little annoyed by his wife pressing the situation. He gets that she was concerned but still, doesn't she trust her son?

They took their arguing into their own bedroom but Calum could still hear them shouting.

They weren't saying unforgiving words...yet, but they were yelling about giving Calum more freedom and space and he was just fed up.

He didn't mean to cause an argument or make his parents angry, he was just scared of coming out of the closet and being rejected.

He sighed and looked towards his open window. With his parents were so caught up in arguing, it's not like they'd notice if he snuck out.

He effortlessly jumped out of his window that wasn't too high and walked through the reassuring night sky, going to the one place where he knew he'd always be welcomed.

Well that's it for this chapter. No lashton drama really but what is happening with Calum right now is very important.

Luke will be in the next chapter, as will Ashton so prepare thy selves.

Who do you think Calum is going by?

Who do you think is being unreasonable, Ashton or Charlotte?

Don't forget to check my muke fic out its called No Homo.

-byeeeee 💕