The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Fourteen

Start from the beginning

     “Are you ok babe, you seem a little down?” he asked.

     “I’m fine, I just feel a little sorry for Tyler. We all have someone but he’s all alone.” I replied cuddling up to him a little more.

     “When the time is right he’ll find his mate. I had to wait a while before I found you. It will happen for him Mia he just needs to be patient.” He said giving me a squeeze.

We spent the rest of the evening talking and laughing in front of the bonfire.

***************

     I woke up the next morning and was surprised and overjoyed to feel Luca laid beside me. He had his arms wrapped around me and was snoring lightly. I tried to climb out of the bed without waking him but he gripped onto me tighter. He mumbled something in his sleep and nuzzled his face into my neck placing a soft kiss on my bite. Like always it sent waves of pleasure through me, making me smile and moan quietly. I laid there for a while but I soon felt and heard my belly rumbling. I tried once more to get out of bed, this time Luca just rolled over and let me get up. I stood up slowly and stretched my arms over my head, which felt amazing. I slowly walked over to the door and opened it as quietly as I could. Stepping out into the hallway I closed the door behind me silently. I quickly made my way down the stairs and headed to the kitchen, with a huge grin on my face. I had waited so long to wake up next to Luca. I walked into the empty kitchen and walked towards the fridge, as I opened the door and grabbed a box of eggs I had a great idea. I decided to cook Luca breakfast; I was going to treat him to breakfast in bed. I thought that maybe we could just spend the day in bed, spend the day just the two of us. Well if he wasn’t too busy with pack matters that was. I hummed to myself as I placed some bacon on the grill and cracked some eggs to make scrambled eggs. I was so preoccupied with keeping an eye on the food that I didn’t hear any one walk into the room. As I gave the eggs a quick stir I was suddenly aware of someone watching me. I froze for a moment to see if I could pick up on their scent but I couldn’t. I had no idea who it was but I could sense they weren’t friendly. I jumped around quickly to see Lucia leant on the kitchen island glaring at me. Like the first time I had seen her she looked stunning, she was back to her beautiful, confident self. This made me feel a little uneasy; I didn’t like the devious look on her face.

     “Good morning Mia.” She said spitting out my name.

     “Good morning Lucia.” I said back to her as I slowly turned back to the cooker.

I heard her walk around the unit and stop by my side; she leaned in towards me giving me goose bumps.

     “Did you have a good time last night?” she asked.

     “Yeah it was ok pretty chilled out really, why?” I asked confused as to why she asking about my evening.

     “It should have been me out there not you. You’re nothing, you filthy half-blood!” she spat.

     “How do you know about that?” I asked taking a step away from her.

     “I overheard you talking to my brother yesterday and people talk Mia. You don’t deserve him; a future alpha deserves a real mate. A real Lycan.” She said stepping towards me again.

     “Lucia you need to get over yourself, Luca is mine and there is nothing you can do about it. He will never want you!” I spat back her, finding some unexpected confidence.

     “Oh poor naive little Mia, I’ve almost had him once sweetie. I want him and I always get what I want.” She said crossing her arms over her chest with a smug look on her face.