Chapter 8: Ghost

Začít od začátku

Casey looks at me, then at Beth. He steps forward and onto the platform. A magic barrier rises from the floor to keep Beth and I out.

Casey

I stand face to face with my father. I never thought I'd see him the way that he used to be. Before he became the Sage of Darkness.

Remnant of Link

Dad's Remnant swings at me. I put my sword up to block the swing. I push his sword into the air and stab him in the heart. My sword passes right through his chest.

Beth

Casey's sword passes through Link's chest.

"How's that possible?" I ask Zelda.

"He's a remnant. Ghosts, basically. Nothing physical can hurt them. Only magic." She responds.

"But Casey doesn't-" She cuts me off.

"I know Casey doesn't have magic, but maybe we can bring it out of him." She says. "Offensive magic appears from anger, so we have to get Casey angry. There's only one way to do that."

"You can't bring her up! You saw how he got when I MENTIONED the day. Who knows how he'll act when you say her name." I plead.

"We have to try." Zelda says.

Zelda

"Casey, I know you blame yourself for Terra being captured!" I shout through the barrier.

Terra was Casey's older sister. She was captured by Link and Ganondorf the last time we attacked Hyrule Castle.

"Mom, don't bring her up!" Casey yells back, blocking an attack from Link's Remnant.

"It's not your fault! She volunteered to fight with us!" I continue.

"Mom!" I can hear the anger in his voice.

"It's working." Beth says to me.

"You need to say something about Terra. He's already mad at me. If he hears it from you-" I begin.

"It'll be his breaking point." Beth finishes.

Casey holds his sword in one hand. In his free hand, I can see a spark.

"Casey, your sister was my best friend! I loved her like she was my sister! I feel as guilty as you do for her being captured!" Beth says. "But you have to forgive yourself!"

"Enough!" Casey yells and throws a fireball at Beth and I, but the barrier stops it.

Casey looks at his hand in confusion. He clenches his fist. He turns towards Link's Remnant. He drops his sword. A fireball appears in both of Casey's hands.

"You are not him and you never were him!" Casey yells. He unleashes the power of the Goddess's Flame, the hottest fire and only one that can destroy a spirit like Link's Remnant.

Link's Remnant is engulfed in flames. Casey stops the stream of fire. The sizzling body of Link's Remnant falls to the ground and then vanishes. The magic barrier drops.

Beth runs into Casey's arms. "That was amazing!"

"Mom, I thought you said I couldn't use magic." Casey says.

"Well, I was wrong. It came to you when you needed it." I say.

A flash comes where Link's Remnant was lying. We shield our eyes. When the flash disappears and we uncover our eyes, a bow floats above us.

"The Bow of Light." Beth gasps.

"This is the final piece to the Light Arrows?" Casey asks.

"Yes, it's the only weapon that can fire them." I answer.

I grab the Bow of Light.

A blue light shines down on us and we are instantly transported back to Kokiri Forest.

Casey

We stand in front of the tunnel. Mom and Beth start walking out. I stop and look back at the torched village.

"Casey." Mom says. I join her and Beth outside.