Chapter 5: The Bombings

The next phase of 'this' was the bombings. Who knew so many were still alive. Who knew so many would want to kill the last generation of people. Or what we thought to be the last generation of people...

They came in aeroplanes and dropped the fatal bombs on our mini civilisation our tents our clothes our pens and paper all gone in a heartbeat but they weren't the worst things to be lost. We lost all six of our men and 94 women and 341 children. We had 22 women left and 23 children left including me and Stanley.

When the first civilise-shattering bomb came down and obliterated our 'homes' me and Stanley ran as fast as we could my brown matted hair whipping my back behind me. Tears leaked from my shimmering green eyes as I scooped up a petrified Stanley. Running with another persons weight as well as mine was twice as hard. Another bomb fell... Debris flew everywhere scolding the back of my knees and my calves. Stanley had fallen asleep which was surprising but I had to keep running.

When we were at a safe enough distance away I placed Stanley down on the cracked desert like ground. As I lay him down I noticed red all over my arms. I sat Stanley up to see his back stained red. I lifted his scarlet tie-dyed shirt over his head to see a jagged black piece of plastic sticking out of the middle of his spine. The debris! He was running when the first bomb went off and that scattered debris everywhere. I lifted a trembling hand to the plastic and tugged and as if it was already loose it dropped into my hand. I put his T-shirt on the wound on his back. I then lay him down and checked for breathing. Nothing. I checked again. Nothing. I simply broke down into floods of tears. I lay my head on his stomach and cried wishing more than anything in the world he would come back. But he didn't. I carried him all the way 300miles to the nearest city and found a shovel and a coffin makers I dragged a coffin out and dragged it to the nearest nice house and in the huge back garden a dug a hole and said how much I loved him and how much I missed him and how I would always look over him and stay in this house forever. And that's when I started to live. I wrote a book which started: I'm Molly and I'm the last one left...