Chapter 4: The Camps

As soon as the disappearances started getting more common we decided we couldn't stay and wait for the 'things' (mutations) to get us. We went above the surface and made camps. They were only small tribes of people who'd used their clothing as tents. We were planning to rebuild cities but the only problem is when you have two thousand people to control someone is bound to rebel against you and that's what caused world war 4. Men fought each other with whatever they found. Usually smashed glass (when we fled to under ground a lot of people couldn't handle to pressure and jumped out of skyscrapers or stabbed themselves or... well you get the idea) or bits of pipe.

While they were gone, the women and children were put under my command. We went into the closest city and found some paper and pens I made a register of all the women and children. I held onto the hope that Hannah would be in the line waited to be registered but she wasn't. We had 364 children 0-14 including me and 116women, half of which hadn't been mothers before 'this' had started but they'd stepped up as many children were now orphans. Every women had about 2,3 or 4 children in their care. Anyone aged 14 or above looked after, at least, one child. Every women was aged 25-50 and only 6 men came back from battle. This was the age chart:
Men 35-40 helping women look after Children
Women 19 years and above look after 2-4children
Ladies 14-18 look after one child 8 years and younger.

We still needed more people, so the men were sent off to try and find any survivors but were told strictly not to touch the dead. 3 survivors were found. One I took into care. A one year old called Stanley. He was cute and had bleached blonde hair and hazel eyes. He had a cheeky smile and a mischievous way of speaking. We would sing songs and throughout the song I would feel like it was before all of this before my mother and father were taken and I looked after my cousin Stanley and he looked exactly the same except he was four and Stanley J. was 1.

Slowly but steadily, we started to rebuild our lives until they came...