Chapter 3: The Mutations

What came next was such a surprise that people started to think it was the same as the dissappearances again. People started to disappear, but the traces left behind were so horrifying people would just abandon their hollowed out shell of a house. Living underground was hard, people hollowed out hills to live in as houses. Dirt stains easily. Especially with blood. Ten thousand was cut down to five thousand in 6 weeks. People were scared of the unknown. Only one person ever saw the 'things' that were taking people. And that person, was. Me.

I first saw them, well I say them more like it, when I was on patrol, I think it was on a Thursday although it could've been a Monday (you lose track of time underground) and it wasn't like anything I've ever seen before. it was a tarantula with scorpion stingers instead of legs. I watched it take a girl from England, stabbed through the stomach as she slept, but that's not what killed them. One word. Venom. It carried the venom of the deadliest scorpion in the world and the venom of the deadliest spider in the word. No one believed me. They said I must have been dreaming. I know what I saw . I'm calling it: The Mutations.