Ch.52.Forgiveness in a loving heart....!!

Start from the beginning

He walked to his brother's room and knocked lightly on the door.

"Come in", a hoarse voice, that he recognised as his brother's answered after a while.Poor Arhaan had gotten very badly affected by the rainy weather!

Afzal slowly opened the door to see his beloved brother sitting on the bed with a tired look.Arhaan smiled weakly at him,"Assalamualaikum bro."

Afzal felt a certain something in his heart at the sight of his usually cheery and lively brother being so dull and pale. He nodded and replied to his greeting before going to sit beside him.

Afzal lovingly ruffled his brother's hair as was his habit since childhood and Arhaan smiled feeling that warmth again which he always longed to have from his brother.

"How are you feeling now Aarhu? " Afzal asked his voice full of concern as his hazel eyes scrutinised his brother minutely.

"Alhamdulillah good", Arhaan answered with a small smile.

Afzal shook his head as he grabbed the glass from the bedside table and poured the water from the bottle he had brought with him on which he had blown after reading particular Surahs from the Holy Quran. His brother never complained of anything, even if he was suffering he would pretend to be his usual pleasant self.

"Drink this", Afzal said as he handed his brother the glass and helped him to hold it.

Arhaan smiled, accepting the water gladly knowing full well, it was his brother's old habit to do that for him.

He handed the empty glass back to his brother feeling slightly fresh.

"Where is Nawal?" Afzal asked looking around the room.

"She just went out before you came to make breakfast." Arhaan answered.

Afzal nodded and looked down for a while before speaking again, "Did you sleep well at night?"

"Yes Alhamdulillah, since I had taken those medicines last night I instantly fell asleep."Arhaan made a face at the medicines part as he absolutely hated taking them.

"You took medicines?" Afzal asked raising an amused eyebrow at his brother. His brother didn't like even the thought of having to swallow those tasteless or bitter pills and Afzal remembered how much trouble his mom had to take to make little Arhaan take his medicines!

"Don't even remind me Afz,those stupid medications aren't even worthy of my glance but my stubborn wife made me take them.And she has warned me to stay in bed & rest entire day today. How boring it's going to be!"Arhaan whined, making a cranky face.

His brother however smiled widely, "May Allah SWT bless her,She is truly a wonder to have caused this change in your silly self."

"Yeah...you are right about it. I cannot deny anything she says.What about you? " Arhaan paused & stared thoughtfully at his brother with a slight teasing smile on his face ,"Did you sleep well the last two nights?"

Afzal frowned at that,"It doesn't matter.You know how I don't like to sleep. "

Arhaan rolled his eyes hearing this answer, "Yeah I almost forgot I had a robotic human as my brother!"

His brother narrowed his eyes at him which didn't affect him even in the slightest as Arhaan went on saying,"But I think even though you have that inborn robotic skills of not needing sleep ...Yet the past two sleepless nights have something to do with Zaara.Speaking of her, when is she coming back?"