01

The bar was almost deserted when I entered, a contrast to its busy nights. Music filled the air as my eyes went over the room spotting my bookworm friend studying away at a table.

My heels clicked against the wooden floor as I made my way to her. She was so engrossed in her books that she didn't even notice me until I hung my jacket on the chair in front of her.

A piece of her blonde hair fell into her face as she looked up startled by my sudden appearance. Her body relaxed upon realizing it was only me. Her blue eyes gave me a scolding look as I sat down opposite of her.

Cami O'Conell was a relatively new face in New Orleans as she had moved here a few months ago. My first encounter with her was in this very bar. It felt like that happened ages ago.

"Look what the cat dragged in. Olivia Hade in the flesh."

A smirk tugged on my face at her words. Unlike Cami, I didn't work as a bartender, all my income comes from selling paintings and renting out a house in the quieter neigbourhood of New Orleans.

Not the classiest job career, but it pays the bills.

"That almost sounds like you missed me," I looked at the huge pile of books on her desk, "Judging by the reading material you've surrounded yourself with, I can see why."

I lifted up a book to see a name that I couldn't even pronounce on it. The human mind is interesting and all, but not enough for me to ever want to read this stuff.

I don't need to see a shrink to know there's something deeply wrong with me.

No one has complained about it so far, though I think that might be out of fear or too much annoyance, I've never been a people's person. My personality often clashed with other's.

Cami snatched the book out of my hands. "I'm really starting to doubt you've ever read a single book in your life."

I feigned a look of hurt as I placed my hand over my heart. Her eyes narrowed at my actions and it was difficult to not let a smirk spread on my face.

Her ability to withstand me and my many flaws is what intrigued me from the start. She never saw me as just a stuck up bitch and I really appreciate that.

Even though I might partially be one.

"I've read plenty of books, I just never went to college where all this complicated text is formed." I said.

She was going to reply, but her attention was caught by something behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head at her sudden loss of words.

Slowly a smirk started forming on her face. It felt odd to see her look like me for a moment. Smiles and comfort talks were more her thing.

"It seems you have an admirer. A hot one too." Cami said.

I raised my eyebrows at her statement before turning around to see who it was. Blonde hair, blue eyes, a smirk firmly planted on his face as he looked at me.

My eyes narrowed recognising the man in the bar. Klaus Mikaelson, Original Hybrid, half vampire half werewolf. There were rumors of him coming to New Orleans.

The covens had made sure every witch and warlock knew who he was and what he looked like.

Sophie, my occassional drinking buddy, informed me of their plan while drunk. Let's just say that the covens and I don't get along.