Part 8

Alex and Dylan were on the floor Alex trying to get the heat away and apparently the skin to skin contact was helping, and because she was almost completely nude she started to tag at Dylan cloth.

Dylan didn't understand what was going on she was on the floor trying to fight off Alex from taking off her cloth, but apparently the sleep helped the shifter.

"stop," Dylan said, but the shifter didn't hear her, she was to consume in extinguishing the fire that consumed her body.

" look at me" again nothing from the shifter.

"Alex", at that the shifter slowed her movements and looked up, the first thing she saw was blue and green eyes staring at her. she couldn't move it was like everything had disappeared and all that left was the witch under her.

Alex couldn't breathe, that was until Dylan reached her hand and touched Alex's cheek, Alex released a sigh and leaned in, she took a deep breath and could smell a strong scent lilac but it was covering a mouth watering scent that Alex just couldn't exactly put a finger on, it drove her crazy.

Alex thought that the person under her was familiar, but she didn't know why.

"Alex," Dylan said and a small smile spread across her face.

" yes," Alex answered and inched closer to Dylans face.

Dylan was in deep thought the shifter was ok, the horrible feeling from the last week and a half, vanished, she started to feel like relieved like a heavy stone was lifted off her chest, when she focused back she saw Alex's eyes watching her trying to memorize the picture in front of her, Alex inched closer trying to see if everything was a dream she closed her eyes took a deep breath expecting not to see the beauty with blue and green eyes still staring at her. Dylan was surprised she has never seen or heard the shifter sound so vulnerable.

the witch saw the shifter closes her eyes, she didn't get a chance to just stare at the shifter up close like now, even so the shifter looked to her a little different not just by being so quiet and steal but the features of her face and her eye color which she could have sworn was deep blue was now grey defined outline of the iris in deep blue the iris itself had around the pupil touches of green with yellow and around that till the defining line odd the deep blue was a light grey. it was magnificent in one word.

the witch didn't notice that her longing to see up close those eyes had made her inch closer, when Alex opened her eyes again her breath got caught, she and the witch were almost touching. she saw the witches eyes starting to close, she could feel the witch breath on her lips, she was about to close her eyes when Glinda came through the door.

" well I hate to ruin such a moment but we have things to do today children"

after the initial shock came the disappointment, the shifter really wanted to continue from when they were so rudely interrupted.

Dylan was an all different story, she felt partly embarrassed that her mentor had seen her like that, not just that, but she actually was gonna kiss the shifter, but mostly hurt like physically hurt like she hit a stone with her forehead.

Alex sat up straight and looked down at the person laying on the floor "are you ok?" she asked.

Dylan didn't want to make the shifter worried "yes, I'm fine, a little hurt but fine" she rubbed her forehead and asked, "what are you made of anyway? It felt like I headbutted with a brick wall"

the shifter leaned in taking the witch's hand kissing it and then kissing her forehead they looked at each other, Dylan again on the floor and Alex staring down into her eyes. Dylan closed her eyes, she felt Alex kissing her forehead, then her cheek, Dylan could feel Alex's breath on her mouth.