Alpha pt. 1

Reworked this as well.

Milla places her hands on Matteo’s back, and pats him just like their mother use to. He was always her favourite, evidently shown through the affection he would receive. Milla, stopped herself in thought. This was a special moment and she was not going to let her negativity ruin it. “There there,” She repeated over and over. They sit on the warm off white carpet , holding each other for a long while. They did not exchange any words or glances but somehow they knew what each other was thinking, they thinking of what happens next. Tears do not trickle down Milla’s cheeks but instead they stay docked at her eyes. Milla starts to doze off and before she knew it, it was 1:16pm, four hours after they had fell asleep. Glancing over to her right shoulder , Mattèo is fast asleep. His soft stringy hair is  in a  shag cut , falling delicately  on to Milla’s shoulder. His hazel brown hair simmers in the sunlight coming from the gothic styled window on the left side wall , by her bed. She lifts up her left hand and pinches his cheeks.

“Stop that.” He glares at Milla with blood shot eyes. Just how long was he crying for? Milla wonders as she notices his still wet cheeks.

 The thoughts race through Milla’s mind as she gently stands trying not to disturb Matteo more than she already has.

“ I’ll be back, stay here.” Milla saunters out of the room leaving her brother to wallow in his sadness.

 “Milla. Milla. Milly ! Stoooop! I’m coming too. You can’t just do things without me, you’re all I got.” Matteo whimpers like a lost puppy as he catches up to his sitter.Trying to lighten the mood, Milla decides it’s time to play a game.

“Okay I’m waiting, but I got a better idea.”

“What is it?” With no idea of what is going on, Matteo is  half confused and half worried about how easily his sister is coping with the deaths.

“It’s time to play… TAG YOU’RE IT.” Milla pokes Matteo and runs down the extremely long hallway.

“Wait, this is not the time to- Oh what the heck, here I come!” The twins run after the other, trying to dodge but failing Milla gets caught.

“Don’t feel too nice... here I come!” Milla runs after Matteo and instantly catches him with great force, so great it knocks back Matteo and he trips on the rug. “ That’s the second time today that you’ve fallen!” Milla crouches to the floor in gasps , bellowing with laughter. This time Matteo recognizes his defeat and joins in.

 “Carmilla Carnation Star,” Ohh. . . Crap. Here it comes Although it was not said out loud the twins thought the same thing. “Matteo Creighton Star,” Here it comes. . . The lecture of a lifetimes by yours truly, the loveable Ms. Cogwire.  “ What in Farengars name do you think you are doing? Cease this yelling right this minute!”  Matteo looks at Milla with lost eyes, that seem to scream ‘what do we do?!’ Milla nods her head twice , attempting to signal him to bow or show some form of respect. He’s a bit slow, so he’s not picking up what Milla is trying to signal him to do. I guess I’m the one who’s going to need to make the first move Milla sighs at the thought.

“Uhm, er . . .” Before Milla could even say anything , she was rudely cut off.

“No stammering. It is not lady-like.”

“Yes Miss,”  Milla whispers .

“What did you say?” The winkles on old governess’s face deepened .

“Y-yes Miss. . .” Milla whispers once more.

“I can’t hear you !”  The old governess put her hands on her hip and at that moment things were about to get a little messy. Something in Milla’s brain snapped because for the first time she suddenly feel really angry. She had never been angry before.