18. Tough

Bucky had to leave all of his weapons before going in the interrogation room where Christian was sitting and waiting for his lawyer to arrive. The guards with worry looked at his bionic arm, but let him in anyway. Christian coldly glanced up at Bucky and went back at staring to the wall in front of him. Brunet went to the table and sat opposite him. He could feel Steve's look at him through the glass and that kinda made him feel confident.
"So, where is the rest of your family?" Bucky asked.
Christian just looked at him with a sly smirk.
"They left you. Like a trash. They're not even coming for you. They're not even trying to get you out of here," brunet leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms on his chest, putting his bionic arm in full display on purpose.
He knew very well how people reacted seeing his arm. It was disgust but mostly fear. In this case brunet even made himself look like the Winter Soldier again. It was the look made people terrified, made them pray God to forgive their sins. Bucky knew he looked dangerous and merciless on some cases, especially now. Only the closet people knew what a softy he actually was because not everyone gave him the chance to show it.
Christian did his best to act like he doesn't care, but Bucky saw the change in his eyes. He was afraid. He knew that the ex-assassin was right but didn't express that to not to make him feel victorious, but Bucky knew that too.
"I've already told that I'll speak only with Alice," Christian said.
This sentence made Bucky snap.
"She's in coma right now and that's your fault. Your army's thug did that to her. You never deserved Alice and never will," brunet yelled.
"And you do? With that past? With that anger in you?" Christian slyly laughed.
With that Bucky jumped over the table and grabbed the collar of his shirt.
"And you think you are any better than me? At least her feeling for me are real," Bucky yelled.
A pair of strong arms pulled him away and man didn't resist. He walked out himself and ran to the closest restroom.
"Your past does not define you. He is better man that you can imagine," Steve said and left too.
Christian was left alone again and he tried to wrap his head around everything he had just heard. He didn't want to believe that Alice is in coma. The door of the interrogation room opened again and this time his lawyer came in alomg with the commander.
"Is that true that Alice is in coma?" Christian asked to the commander.
"Yes," after a moment of silence he answered.
"Oh God, no," the young man whispered shaking his head and burying his face in his hands.
He had truly loved Alice and these terrible news broke him.
"Could you please leave us for a minute?" the lawyer asked.
"No, don't. I'm gonna tell everything," Christian announced and wiped his face.
~~~
Bucky didn't even make it to the last stall when he broke down. He sat on the cold tile floor and pulled his knees to his chest. He was exhausted and scared. Suddenly he felt nauseus and lurched to the closest toilet. A soft hand rested on his shoulder and he turned around as he thought it was Alice, but met a pair of clear blue eyes.
"Bucky," Steve sighed and helped him to stand up.
Blond lead his friend to the sink and handed him tissues. Brunet didn't even try to look up at himself in the mirror. He didn't want to see himself.
"Christian is willingly telling everything now," Captain said.
"Good," Bucky whispered and dryed his face.
"C'mon, Buck," Steve wrapped his arm around his friends shoulders and was about to lead him out of the restroom and to the car.
Brunet turned to him and tightly hugged his friend.
"Thank you, Stevie," he whispered.
"You're welcome, Buck. Now better let's go before you pass out. I don't want to carry you around," blond patted his back lightly laughing.
"Punk," Bucky rolled his eyes releasing his best friend.
"Jerk," Steve smiled and went out of the restroom.