18. "The End of an Era"

After Claire's words rang through our ears, we darted out of the kiosk. We ran behind two pillars, but that wasn't enough.

The two carnivores kept at it. It felt as if they were following us. The t-Rex was plunged into the little store, breaking the building. Rubble flung everywhere.

I covered my head with my arms as I ducked, crouching down.

"Maxi, stay close," Zach told me.

I nodded, "Always."

He grabbed my hand, along with Gray's, and pulled us after Owen. We crouched behind some rocks.

Claire ran to us, giving Owen and her nephews a huge hug as we watched the fight.

The Indominus pushed down the Rex. It was trying to claw its way out of the grip, but the other Dino was too strong.

I could see the fear in its eyes, the poor girl didn't want to die. She closed her eyes as the Indominus was about to clamp on her neck.

Then there was a noise. It was more of a growl or a shriek.

We all turned our heads towards the beta velociraptor, Blue. The Indominus looked up, clearly confused. It thought she was dead.

Guess it's not as smart as we thought.

Blue ran and started to attack it. She clawed at its back, biting its neck. She tried to take it down, but she's too small.

"I need to help," Owen stood up, shooting at the Indominus. I covered my ears at the gun shots. It left my ears ringing.

I bit my lip as I watched the sight, the T-Rex needed to get up. I was praying for it to happen.

Just please, get up. We need you.

And it did.

It stood up, charging at the Indominus. It pushed it back, clawing and biting at it.

With Owen, Blue, and the T-Rex all attacking it, the Indominus Rex began to go down.

Blue jumper off its back as it was pushed down in front of the Mosaurs tank.

It suddenly jumped out of the water, clamping its jaws around the Indominus.

All we could hear was the roar of the sinking Indominus Rex.

We all stayed quiet, in shock, as the Tyrannosaurus walked deep into the jungle.

Owen nodded at Blue. She turned and ran off in the path of the much bigger dinosaur.

"Wow," I muttered, running my hands through my hair.

"Let's get inside," Claire told us, putting a hand on Gray's shoulder.

-

After washing myself up in the Girls' bathroom, I walked out into the big space. It was full of people, women, men, children. There was even a few service dogs.

The injured were given medical attention, and there was a lot. So many people look terrified, but they weren't even out there with it. They don't know how it feels to be targeted by one.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts. I focused my attention to Zack and Gray sitting on a bench in the middle of the crowded room.

I walked towards them, sitting next to Zach. He gave me a small smile.

"Thanks for staying with us," He laughed.

"No problem, I had a fun time. You know, almost getting eaten and stuff," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"So... can I get your number?" He asked. I began to laugh as I grabbed a pen that was lying on the floor, writing it on his hand.

This boy.

THE END