Twenty-Six

Luke's POV

We walked in holding hands. I dont care if people were looking at us tonight I was going to have fun with the love of my life. The first ride we went on was the swings. I had a thing with heights but it wasn't bad. But, this is one of the rides I don't like because it goes up high that and the Ferris wheel. But, Calum wanted to go on this one and I didn't want to say no.

After that we went to buy cotton candy. I got pink Calum got blue. We took like two bites before we ended up throwing it at each other. We had to clean up our mess but we were laughing at the end.

-|-|-

"Okay let's go." I say heading to the exit. "Wait! We still have to go on the Ferris wheel." He said. Oh. That was another ride that I didn't like. "Okay, let's go!" I faked my excitement. We were next in line. My hand was shaking because you never know what could happen. The bolts could come off and this whole thing could collapse, we could rotate all the way and fall off, the handle could be loose and we could fall, the ride could get stuck and we'd be up there forever. A lot could happen. We entered the basket thingy.

I started shaking my leg anxiously. "Luke, calm down. Are you scared?" He asked. "Just a little." I say. "Luke baby, why didn't you tell me." He says putting a hand on my thigh. "You wanted to go on this so bad I didn't want to say no." I say as we go up. I cling to his arm and I hear him chuckle. We stop at the very top and I start to panic. "Oh my gosh we're stuck. I knew this would happen. We'll be here forever!" I panic.

"Luke calm down. Look at the view. Did you ever notice how beautiful it is." He said. "Actually I haven't because I was to busy panicking." I say and he laughs a little bit. The lights were very beautiful. The stars glistened. The moon lighting up the night sky. Everything was prepossessing. "Calum, thank you. This has been very wonderful." I thank him. "You're welcome." He says and we kiss as we go down. We went around a couple more times before we got off. By the time we got to the car it was 11.

-|-|-

Calum recommend going to a movie. I said yes because why not. Calum and I were arguing about which movie we should watch. We played Rock Paper Scissors. He ended up winning. He got to pick his movie which was some scary movie I mean what movie would he pick.
Look at him. "Calum, I'll buy the popcorn." I say. "No I got it." He says. "Cal, you've done enough already, let me pay for this." I say. "Okay." He smiles and kisses me. He went to go pick our seats and I got the soda and the popcorn.

I went into the theater and I found him. He was all the way in the back.

-|-|-

The movie ended and can I just say thank the lord. I screamed so much. That movie was to gory. To messy. "Calum. Why'd you pick that movie?" I asked. "To be honest I dont even know." He laughs. "Well I didn't like it." I say folding my arms. "Yeah I know I can tell by the way you screamed." He snickered.

"Hey! In my defense it was very terrifying." I pout. "Aww baby. You look so cute when you pout." He said pinching my cheeks. He pecked my lips. We decided it would be a best time to head back home. "Today was a fun day Calum. I really enjoyed it." I smile as we get in the car. "Well I'm glad." He says starting the car. "Oh, and I'll pay you back." I say. "No Luke you don't have to." He says.

"Yes I do Calum. You paid for almost everything. It's the least I can do." I say. "No. You're not paying me back." He says keeping his eyes on the road. "And why not." "Because I love you and I don't need the money." He speaks. "Are you sure?" I ask. "Very sure." He says quickly kissing my cheek. I lay back in the car seat and I can feel myself growing more and more tired. Then my eyes closed shut.

-|-|-

I woke up in my bed. Calum wasn't with me. He left me a note.

Dear Luke,

I am so sorry I had to leave you again. I was planning to stay the night with you but something came up and I had to leave right away. I hope you aren't mad at me. This is really important. I hope you understand.

Love,
Calum

He did it. He left me again. But, at least this time he left a note. I'm a little mad that he won't tell me where he's going but I figure it's a sensitive topic. He'll tell me when he's ready, I hope. But I got up and put my pajamas on. I washed my face. I brushed my teeth. I put on my nightlight. Now I don't have those night lights where you plug into the wall. It's one of those night lights where you turn it on and you can put it on a table or desk.

I haven't used it in a while since Calum was always sleeping with me but now since he's not here I guess it's a perfect time to turn it on. It's also perfect for me because I'm very scared of the dark and it helps a lot because its very bright. I turned off the lights. Closed the doors and got into bed. Should I be mad at Calum? Do you think he'll tell me? Of course I would. We don't have no secrets. We don't hide anything from each other. I can totally trust him. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.