16 months and 18 days

16 months and 18 days. I stood by and watched the boy I love be happy with someone else for longer than I made him happy. And I helped him. I went with him to shop for birthdays, Christmas, anniversary's, and any time she was angry with him. I planned their date for their one year anniversary. I could tell you this girls favorite flower, color, and breed of dog. I'd some how become a vital part of their relationship. I really was the fairy godmother. I never got my slipper or my prince. I just waved my wand and made the magic for someone else. Do you know how much that hurts? More than anything I want him to be happy but I still wish that I was his happiness. For 16 months and 18 days I pretended to be okay with this. That's what best friends do. But I wasn't okay. I would never be okay with this. 16 months and 18 days is so much more than a week. There wasn't even a chance for them to break up. He had a sparkle in his eyes he got when he talked about her or when he was with her. The sparkle he used to have when he was with me. Dear lord I loved that sparkle. For 16 months and 18 days I got to see it and I hoped to see it for the rest of his life. No matter what it took.