I guess that makes sense. I'm sure Damon never told his younger brother about his own history in the Windy City, or anything that has to do with me. It makes sense he would avoid my name, especially when Damon was the one to kill Stefan's best friend, Lexi.

With a simple thought, Stefan is blown into the opposite alley wall by a mystical force. He lands with a thud, groaning once more.

"I don't take orders from you, vampire." I hiss, "I'm here for Damon, your jackass brother who didn't bother coming to save his damsel in distress."

"And what if I don't believe you?"

"You will," I assure after a beat, "because right when we enter that gym, you'll see how I really feel about Klaus."

-----------

From outside the gym door, I can already hear the sobbing of his hostage, Dana, and the attempt at soothing words from Elena. It's sad that this particular controlling senior is witnessing this all while having a clear guess at her fate. If I can find a way to help her live through this, I will; let's just add it to the list.

"Stefan." Klaus's amused voice sends shivers up my spine. "Come to save your damsel, mate?"

All three sets of eyes are turned toward the door as the youngest Salvatore strides in. He doesn't make eye contact with Elena, but instead walks straight for Klaus, just like we planned. Elena stands too, easily leaving Dana behind.

Stefan's face is straight, determined, "I came to ask for your forgiveness. And pledge my loyalty."

"Well, you broke that pledge once already." Klaus sneers.

I shake my head from my position outside of the opposite gym door. I practically have my faced pressed against the glass, but I'm sure everyone in there is too preoccupied to see me.

I have to take a few deep breaths to calm my racing heart. Stefan better be able to pull this off.

"Elena means nothing to me anymore. And whatever you ask of me, I will do." Stefan declares.

Klaus smirks in response. He must have been waiting for him to say something like that.

"Fair enough. Let's drink on it." He points to Dana and the other senior boy who are sitting and watching from the bleachers with wide eyes, "Kill them."

More sobs come from the helpless human's and they only grow louder as Stefan lines his gaze on them. The look of uncertainty is clear on his face. I pray, pray, that Klaus doesn't notice.

Stefan moves forward slowly, inching towards his pray. I watch intently, ready to get involved if I have to.

Elena is the fastest to react. She plants herself in front of the two, using his biggest weakness against him, "No! Stefan, don't. He's not going to hurt me. He already said..."

Klaus's hand comes at her so fast I barely see it. He hits her across her head, knocking her to the floor.

The gym doors fly open in less than a second as my magic wills them to do so. I feel my feet moving forward with confidence, but my heart is telling me to run.

Stefan needs a distraction before Klaus makes him do the one thing he cannot control. I know all about his ripper tendencies, and I also know that it's the only thing standing between him and the lives of the two teens before him. If I just defer his attention for two seconds before he goes after Klaus himself...

With Klaus distracted by my entrance, Stefan took the opportunity to grab him around the throat. If he hadn't of hit Elena the way he had, maybe there would have been a chance we could win this.