I backed into the hallway , and felt trapped when I hit a wall . The man slammed his palms on each side of me .

''Where the hell is my knife ?'' He asked . I thought about how it was back at my old apartment in a drawer .

''I-I . . .'' Naturally , I put my hands on his abdomen to keep him away.

The Murderer jumped back , his face wrenched in pain. I took this opportunity to grab a lamp , and slam it on his head . The sound of breaking glass boomed through the house , and then a still silence replaced it .

My attacker didn't fall for ten seconds , but eventually feel forward onto me . As I pulled him back into the room the warm red liquid seeped into my shirt . Soon enough , he was on the bed , towels around and under him to prevent blood stains on the California King bed . I quickly ran down the stairs to grab some cable to tie him down again. When he was tied , I left the room and got to cleaning up the mess I had made . 'I still need to re bandage his wounds. .' I thought when I saw that his blood had trailed into the hallway . I knew that he was awake when I heard him struggling to get out of the ties .

I laughed as I entered , sticking out my tongue to taunt the man .

''Don't mess with me.'' He warned .

''Don't mess with me.'' I mocked .

I reached forward and started undoing his bandages .

A hand shot up and grabbed mine . How the hell did he . .

My breathing stopped - But not because I was scared - But because . . I felt like I had been shocked .

Not the normal static shock , but one that I had never felt before.

I looked up and met his gaze . I could tell that he had felt it , too .

''W-What the hell ?'' I said aloud .

He visibly gulped and retracted his hand . I breathed a sigh of relief and continued unwrapping his stomach .

''I could kill you .'' He suddenly said .

''What's your name ?'' I asked , ignoring his statement .

''. . . That's not any of your-"

I slapped his wound softly .

The man bit his lip .

''J-Jeff.'' He said in pain .

''I'm Ella .'' I smiled apologetically .

I focused on taking off the old gauze , trying not to put him in any unecassary pain .

''Ella . . '' I heard him say under his breath .

Pouring a bit of rubbing alcohol on the wound , I asked him how old he was .

''Stop asking me questions .'' This time , I didn't pry .

Jeff sat there , allowing me to patch him up . Once I secured the bandage we sat in silence .

''I'll let you live . But only because I need a place to rest .''

My gaze met his . Oh hell no . Hiding a . . A murderer was against the law ! But . .

Otherwise he'd kill me .

''You don't have a choice , so stop looking at me as if you do .''

''Why can't you just leave me alone ?'' I asked exhausted .

''I can't have you exposing me.''

''I won't .''

''You will.''