Yours truly, Part one.

Taking a break from broken home for a little bit, but I'll get back to it soon!
-
Rileys POV)
     I stand up from my bed thinking about what happened last night. Blood, a blade, and a whole lot of panic.  Last night was the night I found Maya cutting in my bathroom. My bathroom. How could she think I wouldn't find her?
     God that scene was horrific. The pictures swipe across my brain as clear as day. I run to the bathroom thinking she was having trouble with her shirt, but no. I stop at the door hearing her light sniffles, and I barge in to find her sobbing and her arm bleeding like there was no tomorrow. I rush her to the sink and wash away the blood and clean up her fresh wounds. I remember questioning her about it. She told me it made her feel happier. Do I not make her happy? I remember her telling me that she didn't want to live anymore. She didn't see a point. But what point is there to see when you can barely wash your clothes just because 25 cents is to expensive? Thats the way she saw it. But the way I see it? Oh man. The way I see it, Maya is an extremely talented and beautiful young girl. She tries her hardest at things she thinks she will fail at. She doesn't realize it, but she's persistent, she's determined, she's perfect. Thing is, she doesn't take the time to explore. How can she? Her parents are trash and her home is trash. Yeah yeah, it's harsh. But it's true, and we both know it. That's why she lives with me. You see, a long time ago, about 5 months, her parents got into a big fight, and they took their anger out on Maya and basically kicked her out of the house. Ever since then I've been there for her. To comfort her. To be there for her no matter what. To love her. Ever since about 3 months ago, we both confessed our love for each other, and it was amazing. Miracles really do happen. For as long as I can remember, I have had a crush on her, and it wasn't until just then could I finally call her mine. And damn does it feel good. We've done everything together. Laughed, cried, fangirled, you name it.
     But I didn't realize how broken she really was until just last night. I had already known that her dad left her when she was young, but I didn't know he came back. I didn't know he abused her. I didn't know she cut herself. I didn't know she smoked her problems away. I didn't know she was suicidal. I didn't know all of this was walled up inside of her. All of these confessions were spilled last night. Every last one. She cried on to my shoulder, and I on to hers. I tried my best to comfort her, but she countered every encouraging trait with a trait in which she despised. I couldn't think of a way to help, so I held her. I held her until she stopped crying and fell asleep against me. I lay her down on my bed and lightly tuck her in on one side, then I tuck myself in on the other. That all led up to this morning.

"Maya, please wake up." I whisper monotonously.
"What's the point?" She replied coldly
"The point is that you need to know why you're needed." I say as I pull up a white board titled: 'List of reasons why Maya is needed.'
"Riles, you didn't have to waste your time making a list of lies."
"Maya. you are gorgeous, wonderful, artistic, talented, beautiful... " I say reading the whole list out loud, ignoring what Maya had said.
"Riles, I appreciate this, but you're the only one that actually believes all of this, but that's why I love you."
"Maya you shut your trap. Everyone knows this. I love you because of all of the reasons listed, plus at least 200 more. I will always love you."
"Riley, I'm no good for you. I will only bring you down."
"If you have the power to bring me down, then I have the power to pick you back up."
"Riles, it's not that easy."
"I never said it was, peaches. It's gonna be a long journey full of twists and turns, but we will get through this. Together."
     She begun to tear up and eventually broke down. She ran to hug me and I pulled her in tight. I'm never gonna let this one go. If she goes, I go.

End of part 1.
Hey guys sorry for that long ass chapter, but I felt bad for not updating for awhile. I'm having writers block for Broken Home, so I just decided to take a break and make a new one shot. Thanks for reading! Find out what happens tomorrow (;
Xoxo - Tori