Secrets, Secrets are all fun, until they're shared with everyone

As I was sitting on the couch I heard Sam on the phone in his room, and being a very curious person, I walked up to the door and put my ear against it.

“How much longer do I have to this?” He asked. It was silent for a moment as he listened to the person on the other end.

“I don't want to keep lying, we need to do this soon” He said. Lying? I heard him shuffle around and decided I should probably go back and sit on the couch. Just as I sat down he entered the living room.

“Hey, I gotta go out for a second, stay here.” I just nodded and made my plan to sneak around when he left. He gave me a stern look and then walked out the door. The first place I looked was in his room. I searched for about 20 minutes when I saw the picture that was hanging on the wall was tilted, I went to move it back when I saw that there was a safe behind it. I knew that there was no way that I would be able to guess the combination considering that there are over 50,000 possible combinations. I continued to snoop around the room when the front door opened and I did the first thing that came to my mind, I jumped onto the bed and pretended to be asleep.

“Shh” I heard Sam whisper “She's sleeping, and why couldn't we do this elsewhere, if she wakes up she'll know what's going on”

“Because if any real guardians see us then you're mission will have failed.” I recognized the voice, it was cold and sent a chill down my spine, Zander. But how? Why? Sam is supposed to protect me from him, not lead him straight here. And he knows I'm here. Real guardians? What...? And that is when I understood. Sam was not who he said he was, he was in fact a fallen angel posing as a guardian, to help Zander get to me.

“Well you're here now, and she's asleep, just go kill her now.”

“I'm sorry my friend, but I can't do that, she has to suffer for all these years of staying hidden, and you, get to be there because you actually began to want to protect her.” Suffer. Really Zander. For the past 16 years of my existence I didn't even know I was a supernatural being, my mother kept me protected. “Now shut up and help me get her out of here.”

Moments later the door opened and silent footsteps approached the bed. I yelped as I felt something prick my arm, my eyes opened automatically and saw Zander's cold blue eyes, he was holding in his hand a needle.

“Nice to see you again beautiful”

       “The pleasure is all yours” I spat back. He laughed as I began to fell very tired and a dark feeling swept over me, the last thing I was before my eyes closed was Sam standing by the door, looking on sorrow plastered on his face.