Safe House

Sam hopped down into the trap door. I walked over to the edge and looked down.

“How am I supposed to get down there? There's no ladder.” I asked. 

“Jump” Was his simple response.

“Are you insane?!” I slightly shouted.

“Possibly, now jump, I'll catch you” 

            “Yup, definitely insane, and so am I” I didn't take time to think because I knew I'd psych myself out, I jumped. The fall was short and I landed in Sam's arms.

“See that wasn't so bad” He said and let out a small laugh. I just glared at him. He led me through many different tunnels that I didn't even know existed. We finally stopped at a door and he took out a key and opened it. The room it lead to was palatial, the room was a bright white (makes sense for an angel) the furniture was the same color but with gold accents. 

             “What...” 

             “This is a safe house for angels when they have an assignment on earth, we stay here so we don't have to worry about being found by a fallen.”

             “Yeah about all this angel stuff... will you tell me what the hell is going on?”

             “Well you seem to know about mind speak at least, and you seem to know what Zander and I are, so let's start with what you are.”

              “Last time I checked, I'm human”

               “Half human” He corrected.

               “Are.. you saying.. I'm a... Nephil?”

               “Yes, and not only part nephil but pure bread, which means that one of your original parents was a fallen angel, you have all the powers of a fallen angel also, just not as powerful.” The shock was evident on my face. “I'm surprised you didn't figure that out when Zander started chasing you and you ran at inhuman speeds”

                   “Well, you know what? I was kinda preoccupied trying not to die!!” He just laughed.

“Is everything just a big joke to you!” I shouted “Because if I were you I'd be doing my job and guarding!!”

                “First of all, do NOT yell at me and second of all, do you see Zander here? I don't, you're fine”

              “I almost got killed and he broke my wrist” 

              “Did he?” 

              “Yes I'm not insane I heard the crack and felt the pain” I held up my arm, which was surprisingly perfectly fine. I moved my hand and there was no pain and every bone was intact. He started laughing.

               “You fell for a mind trick” He said in between laughs. 

               “It's not funny I'm new at this you jerk” By this point he was doubled over with laughter. I walked over to him and punched him in the arm. “Ass” I muttered under my breath and walked out of the living room and into another room. It was his room, the decor was the same as the living room. I walked over to the corner between the dresser and the wall and sat down. A few minutes later I let out a scream and Sam came running into the room. I was now standing on the opposite side of the room.

               “Are you okay? What's wrong?” He asked worry plastering his face.

               “Spider, over there” I pointed to where I had previously been.

               “Really?” He said with a scowl. “A spider? You are one of the most powerful people on the planet and you're scared of a stupid little spider.” Again he started laughing.

               “My heritage has nothing to so with my phobias thank you very much, and stop laughing at me or I'll hurt you.”

               “I'm way more experienced than you and I've been trained by only the best archangels in heaven, you could not hurt me.” 

          “Wanna bet?” 

          “I could so beat you without even trying”

          “Come at me Bro”

          “I'm too much of a gentleman for that” He again laughed as I glared at him.

          “Go die in a hole, full of Lego's”

          “Mean, and I can't die, and sadly neither can you” I gasped.

          “And I'm the mean one?” 

           “Yup” He said and laughed again as I walked out of the room and back into the living room, planning not to speak to him for the rest of the night.