Guardian

Today was the day Zander was coming to my house to do the project. Hopefully at some point I could find out if he has the black scars. I was sitting in the living room, and there was a knock on the door. I got up and walked to the door and looked through the peep hole just to make sure it wasn't anyone other than Zander. I was home alone, I didn't want some random killer in my house, but it wasn't a random killer, just Zander. I opened the door.

“Hey can we hurry his up? I have football practice in half an hour”

“Sure whatever just come in and don't break anything.” He glared at me and walked in. I sat on the floor in front of the coffee table in the living room and he sat on the couch. All the materials we needed were already laid out on the coffee table.

“I already told you I'm not doing all the work so you better do something” He reached forward and grabbed the index cards and sharpie from off of the coffee table. I sighed in defeat knowing that would be all I could get him to do. I started to work on the diorama. It look about 25 minutes to finish.

“There all-” I turned to see Zander fast asleep on the couch, not a single thing written on the cards. Damn that boy. Wait. Now's my chance. I slowly crept up behind him and I lifted the hem of his shirt. I gasped. The black scars. Without thinking I reached out and touched them. I was immediately transported somewhere in Zander's past.

“There was a huge white room. A golden door on each of the walls. A lady dressed in white sat at a desk a book in her hands, Her wings barely visible. San and Zander were standing in a corner talking to each other. An angel stepped out from a room behind one of the golden doors and called for Zander. Zander looked so different here, nicer, and he still had his wings, his white wings. Zander was hesitant to walk forward but Sam nudged him.

A few minutes after Zander had entered the room there was a blood curdling scream. Zander was then dragged out of the room, his wings now in their place two black scars. He had been stripped of his rank, he was now a fallen angel. Sam was then called into the room but before I could see what happened I felt myself being ripped away from the memory. I was now back in my living room, Zander's hand around my wrist.

“What the hell do you think you're doing?” His cold gaze upon me as his grip on my wrist tightened.

“Don't be so surprised Zander, You had to know I would figure it out somehow.” I tried to keep my cool and my voice steady. My stare as cold as his.

“What did you see?” He demanded. His grip once again tightened , pain began to rise in my arm, surprisingly it didn't hurt that much. Nothing really ever did, and I always healed fast.

“Who's the nephil you're here to kill” He flashed evil grin before tightening his grip on last time. There was a sickening crack, the pain began to rise in my arm. I screamed, his smile grew wider.

“I'll give you ten seconds to run, I've always loved a good chase.” This I could do, I was faster than anyone at my school, but my mom would never let me do sports, even though I would always win.

“One” I turned and ran for the door.

“Two” I was at the end of the walkway.

“Three” Two houses away from mine, his voice now in my mind.

“Four” At the end of the street, I had to get to the school, Sam would be there for practice.

“Five” I turned the corner and continued running toward the school.

“Six” I had to contact Sam, but how?

“Seven” The mind speak, but would it work.

“Eight, run faster” The school was coming into focus, almost there.

“Nine” Had to talk to Sam.

“Ten, ready or not here I come” It was worth a shot.

“Sam!” I yelled out in my mind hoping he heard. I could see him standing on the football field.

“Aww how cute” Zander's voice loud and clear in my mind. “You think little Sammy can save you, he might be your guardian, but I won't stop until you're dead.”

“Sam!!” I screamed even louder in my mind “Zander is chasing me”. He turned toward me, he started running and jumped the fence. He ran over wrapped his arms around me.

“Are you okay?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Zander's getting closer we have to run.” I said still trying to catch my breath. He turned around and crouched down.

“Hop on” He said.

“Are you crazy? You can't carry me.”

“Just hop on” I sighed and got on his back as he started running at super speed through the woods.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are.” Zander said speaking to my brain.

“Leave her alone!” Sam shouted back to him.

“Not until she's dead, I need to become a human”

“I swear to you if you touch her you will burn in hell for all eternity” Harsh. Zander fell silent.

Sam slowed to a stop, looking around quickly before putting me down.

“What's going on” I asked. Sam looked around again.

“Follow me” He turned and began walking. A few minutes later we were standing in front of an old playground, it was run down, the swings were broken everything else was rusted. The only thing still in tact, a small equipment shed. Sam walked over to the shed and opened it.

“Sam what the hell are you doing? We don't have time for this” He smiled a bit and waved me over, he led me into the shed and walked to the back wall. He lifted a pot off of the bottom shelf and a trap door opened from the floor. I stood there in shock and confusion.

“I am not going down there.” I said.

“It's the only place you'll be safe, please just trust me and I'll explain everything when we get to where we need to go.”