We began walking and I let go of his hand. I saw in my peripheral vision his eyes fall. Was he disappointed? The rest of our walk had to be at least a couple miles.

Awhile into our walk, we started walking harder since there was an incline. I didn't want Zayn to get nervous so I hid my hard breathing. Then I honestly couldn't handel it anymore. "Zayn?" I said gasping.

He stopped and put his hand on my back. "Whoa, you okay? Take a deep breath."

"Yeah," I said bending over, putting my hands on my knees. "Can we just," another deep breath. "Can we just slow down?" He was rubbing his hand all over my back in an intricate pattern. Side to side, up and down, then all over. I imagined that in bed briefly. I stood up but he didn't stop rubbing my back.

We began walking and I was thinking of conversations that would last longer than 5 minutes. I opened my mouth to mention last night when he started talking.

"So how long have you had asthma? Or are you just born with it?" He asked.

This was a good question. I honestly didn't know. "Uhm, for as long as I can remember, I think. I know I wasn't born with it."

"How many of those attacks have you had?" He moved in closer and I blushed.

"2. One when l was 10, and then last night with you."

He laughed. "I'm honored."

"Well, you should be." I said.

He gave me a funny look. "Why's that?"

"The one I had when I was a kid was awful. 100 times worse than last night." I put my head down thinking of how close I got.

"What happened?" He stopped walking. "If you don't want to tell me you don't have to."

I laughed slightly. "No it's okay. I'll tell you." I gestured to the field and laid the blanket out. "We can take a break." We sat on the blanket and I faced him. "I was 10 and I was with my friends. I remember my one friend also named Niall challenging me to a race down the street. I don't think I fully understood my asthma because I was a total try hard. We got about halfway down the street when I felt a little dry. My throat was killing me, and it was hard to breathe. I was an idiot, so I pushed harder." I quickly looked at Zayn. He was still looking at me, listening. He seemed genuinely interested. I continued. "I got almost down the street when I collasped. I started wheezing and I had short breaths. My chest killed me and it was so tight. Niall came back over and so did all my friends. By then, I blacked out, and then woke up in a hospital."

He just started at me, mouth slighty open in awe. "Wow..that's crazy." he said.

I smiled, not sure why. "Yeah, it really was. I know how m body works now so its easier. As long as I have my inhaler I'm fine." I leaned back on his knees. "What about you?"

"What about me?" he played with my hair.

"Any crazy stories with you?" I turned to him.

He continued with my hair, softly tugging, twirling it around. "Uhm, I remember in year 6 this one kid had asthma and it was really bad."

"What happened?"

"Well, like, the kid that had asthma actually bullied me, and I remember him hitting me, but then I ran away cos I knew he couldn't run a lot. But he ran to get me and ran too fast and fell. He was in the hospital for like 2 weeks."

I looked up at him. He looked sad. Was he crying? "Hey," he turned to me. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He stood up and stretched his arms over his head revealing hard, tanned abs. Score. He laughed. "Like what you see?" He looked down at me. I realised I was staring at him. Oh awkward. I stood up and walked over to him. He was still in the sam position.

"Actually...yes." I traced the outline of his abs. He lowered his arms but still held his shirt up for me.

"Oh, you do, do you?" He smirked and walked closer to me. My hand was now flat on his chest trailing towards his back now.

"I do.." I whispered. I put my hands on his hips and stepped closer. I could feel his breath. "Are we gonna.." I trailed off. I put my hand to his cheek.

"We should get going, its close to dark.." He walked away from me and back to the car continuing pushing it. I walked back to the car and put my hands on the car. What the hell was that? I thought he liked me. I began to push when he stopped me. "No, stop. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Zayn, I can do it." I told him. I started pushing again.

"No," he pushed me off the car. "Go in the car, and rest, I can handle it."

I didn't even argue. I walked around the car and laid down in the back seat. I saw him stuggling behind me and I wanted to help so bad. But I was also mad at him. That is so embarrassing. I thought he liked me! He didn't have a problem kissing me in the car. He didn't mind spooning with me. He didn't care when I was feeling up his abs, did he? But no, the one time I try to kiss him, it's not okay. Well that's not fair. I know he likes me. He has to, right? But how do I get him to open up?

* * * * *

"Honey, we're here." a voice called from outside. I fluttered my eyes then opened them widely. Wow, we were finally here. I stepped out of the car and saw him. He smiled up at me and I turned my face. He can't reject me then start smiling at me. No.

We walked up to the little white shack and knocked on the door.

"I TOLD YOU I'D HAVE THE MONEY BY FRIDAY, NOW GET OFF MY LAND!" a voice screamed. I couldn't help but laugh. Aparently Zayn couldn't either.

"No, sir, we're not from the government, we just need some gas!" I shouted.

I heard footsteps then a older looking man wearing overalls and a plaid shirt. Ew.

"What do you need?" he said.

"Gas," Zayn said pointed to the car. "We ran out on the way, and we need some. You got any?" THe man pointed to a big box by a tree.

"I have all kinds of car things in there. I'm sure I have gas in there. You find it, you can have it. Take it all, I don't need it." He started to walk inside, but turned around. "You realise you could've just gotten the gas first instead of pushing the bloody thing up, right?" He closed the door behind him.

I looked at Zayn who looked down. "HMM!" I said. He smiled at me.

"Oh, stop." He winked. "Go get the gas." I walked over to the tree and looked through the box. Oil, jumper cables, ah, got it, gas. I picked it up and gave it to him to pour it into the car.

He got into the car and started driving. I flicked the radio on and picked a station. Not even a second later he flipped it off. Okay then. He looked into his mirror, then did a double take. Then we both saw it.

Flashing lights.