Chapter 5

He kissed my ear and I fell asleep.

I think I woke up maybe 3 times that night to see if he was still with me. I guess I was scared of him leaving. But how weird is that. Why was I scared of him leaving? We weren't dating. We weren't married. I don't even know if you can consider us friends. I guess I've never had that protectiveness. Especially that caring. I of course had friends that obviously cared about me, but none that acted like this. I don't even think my own parents or my older brother is like that. Zayn is different. He has this hard-core, grunge outer shell, then this sweet, loving inner shell. That's what I love seeing. The way his eyes lit up when he mentioned singing. The way his smile spread when he sang in the car and to me last night. I think as much as I don't want to admit, I'm falling in love with this kid. Everything he does now drives me wild.

The first time I woke up, he was softly sleeping next to me. I leaned over and and touched his cheek. He shivered at the touch, but didn't wake up. I rolled back over and closed my eyes. He laid his arm across my chest. I smiled and fell back asleep.

The second time I woke up was brief. I woke up and rolled over to see him still softly sleeping. Then I went back to sleep.

Third time was possibly the best time. I opened my eyes and sat up straight. I was absolutely freezing now. It must have been about 3 in the morning because the sky was getting lighter. I stretched my arms over my head and exhaled. I rubbed my arms to try and rid my goose bumps. I laid back down, crossing my arms, trying to get some warmth. I was just about to fall asleep when Zayn was shaking. I rolled over to see him awake. His brown eyes even shined in the dark. "I'm.. f-f-f-freez--freezing." he stuttered. He looked down then back up at me. "Can you just..lie closer?" he said. He sounded like a child. I smirked. Thank god it was still dark enough so he couldn't see me. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer. "Uhm," I started. "This okay?" I look at him. "Fine." he managed. He was still shaking. We were now in a hugging position and I was making small circle with my thumb on his back. He stopped shaking and slowed his breathing. He fit his head into my neck. It fit perfectly. Like it was made to be there. It should be there. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. I just wanted him. He entertwined his legs with mine. I thought l was dreaming this was so perfect. "Niall.." he whispered. "Yeah, Zayn?" "Thank you." he said and fell asleep.

* * * * *

I woke to the sound of very annoying birds. I groaned and squinted at the broad daylight. "Ugh.." Where are my ray bans when I need them? I roll over and notice Zayn isn't laying next to me. I quickly sit up. Have the cops found him? Did they take him away? "Zayn?!"

I shouted and stood up. "Zayn..!!!"

"Calm down, sweetheart, I'm here." I turned around to see Zayn striding over to me. His hair was messy and everywhere, but he still looked like a sex god. "You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say as i swipe a hand through my hair and sit down. "I just got nervous for a minute."

He walked toward me and sat down next to me. His leg was touching mine. "Why'd you get nervous?" he said.

"I don't know," I looked down. "I just woke up and you weren't here. Where were you?"

"Well," he started picking at his nails. "Last night kinda scared me, so I pushed the car the rest of the way of the hill." He turned around and so did I. He really did.

I looked at him. "When did you wake up, that must have took you forever."

He pondered the questioned it seemed. "It didn't take too long. I had some inspiration." He smiled and stood up. I stood as well and brushed any possible debris off my butt. "Let's start walking, yeah?" He extended his hand and I took it. "Okay." I replied and picked up the blanket.