Chapter 18

Little warning, I guess you would call it, before you read this. There is going to be a scene in this chapter that has a little to do with a harmful part to a character. It's not necessarily bad or the way you think it would be. I just thought some people would like to know just in case. Enjoy!

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

I stand up from my seat on the couch at the doctor's words. "Okay, I'll be there in about ten minutes." I simply say.

"Thank you."

I hang up and go straight to my room to get ready. I put my shoes on again and take my hair down. I gather my things and toss them in my purse. I look at my doorway and notice Matthew, Sadie, and Mason watching me.

"What's wrong?" Sadie asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. They want to talk to me."

"We'll come too." Matthew suggests.

"No, you guys don't need to waste your Saturday on me. You should go do something together." I say and walk out of my room and down the hall.

"Well, I'm your boyfriend so I'm going." Mason states and grabs my arm making me stop in my tracks.

I look up at him and by the look on his face he's not taking no for an answer.

"We're your friends and we'll go too." Sadie says.

"Okay. I just feel bad because it's been all about me lately."

"Hey, you made us breakfast. That's the best I've had in a while." Matthew adds.

I give him a small smile. "We're going now. Lock the doors."

They nod. "Mason drives." Sadie says and digs my keys out of my purse then hands them Mason. Matthew gives Mason a shirt because he still hasn't had one on.

I shrug and walk out of the house then get in my car. Mason follows and starts the car once he's in and we pull away from my house.

"I wonder how the other guys did at the concert last night." I randomly say as I look at the buildings we pass. Then I realize my boyfriend is in that band with those guys. "Mason!" He looks over at me with raised eyebrows. "You're supposed to be at your concert!"

Mason sighs and drags his eyes back to the road. "I wanted to be here for you. You were struggling and you still kind of are. I talked to Sadie on the phone and it hurt so badly to hear that you weren't yourself. You were either asleep or crying."

"But you have thousands of people counting on you to sing and perform for them."

"I also have you counting on me. You matter to me." I look down at my lap as he talks. "The guys can sing too. Everybody understands what I'm doing." At his words he brings my hand to his lips then sets them on his leg.

"You know how that makes me feel, though." I mutter.

"It's okay. There's this video clip they'll play of me at the concerts saying how I'm sorry I can't make it because of personal matters."

"How'd I get so lucky?" I ask and look over at him as we pull into the hospital parking lot.

"I'm the lucky one. To have you." He says as we get out of the car.

"Okay, you made it mushy."

He laughs and takes my hand. We walk to the doors and go in. Doctor Jenson is actually walking by and catches me in the building. That's good because I didn't feel like searching or waiting for him.

He walks over to us. "Hello, Ms. Miller. How are you today?"

"It's Emerson. I'm doing alright." I answer.